Sir,please answer this question. I am posting it 7th time.I have only little confusion in concept .What is the basic criteria we can applied if it is written in question that hinge offer no resistance (see attachment)as there is no other torque except F.Sir ,please correct me if I am wrong anywhere.Please sir reply fast and soon.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Sir,please answer this question. I am posting it 7th time.I have only little confusion in concept .What is the basic criteria we can applied if it is written in question that hinge offer no resistance (see attachment)as there is no other torque except F.Sir ,please correct me if I am wrong anywhere.Please sir reply fast and soon.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Question Image
Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Eshan
askIITians Faculty 2095 Points
5 years ago
Dear Kaushki Kalash,

If the external force was randomly applied anywhere along the rod, the hinge would have offered a resitance. But for a particular point along the rod,when the force F is applied, the hinge would have offered no resistance. This is because the job of the force exerted by hinge is to maintain the pure rotational motion of the rod. But if the torque about the center of mass is balanced by the the external force producing angular acceleration required for pure rotational motion, the no hinge force would be required anymore.

Thus we first found out the angular acceleration of the rotation by finding out torque about the hinge point. Then we used the same as the one when we considered torque about center of mass.

Hope it helps.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free