Is it possible to study for JEE Advanced 2015, being in an NIT(Both together?). Actually I dont want to drop whole year. I am sure i willl get into the NITs, on the basis of my Mains marks, I am getting only 100/360 in Advanced(GEN Category) and I know i won’t get any seat into IITs, but this low score was purely due to the silly mistakes and improper reading of some questions....... When I Honestly went through the paper again, I came to know that I would have easily got about 55-60 marks more (total of 155-160) if i hadn’t done silly mistakes, enough for new IITs atleast(As experts say this years paper was a bit difficult). So, there’s no BIG lack of concepts or knowledge, just silly mistakes, and i want to appear for advanced again, paying attention to my silly mistakes more this time. But I dont want to risk whole year, so i am thinking for preparing for advanced on one side, with my college’s 1 st year preparations, However, is this a good idea? I mean, are the 1 st year studies really hard, so that i wont get any time to study for Advanced? I need help on this. Sorry for very big write up, but please reply soon........ Thanks in advance, Ayush

Is it possible to study for JEE Advanced 2015, being in an NIT(Both together?).
Actually I dont want to drop whole year. I am sure i willl get into the NITs, on the basis of my Mains marks, I am getting only 100/360 in Advanced(GEN Category) and I know i won’t get any seat into IITs, but this low score was purely due to the silly mistakes and improper reading of some questions.......
When I Honestly went through the paper again, I came to know that I would have easily got about 55-60 marks more (total of 155-160) if i hadn’t done silly mistakes, enough for new IITs atleast(As experts say this years paper was a bit difficult). So, there’s no BIG lack of concepts or knowledge, just silly mistakes, and i want to appear for advanced again, paying attention to my silly mistakes more this time. But I dont want to risk whole year, so i am thinking for preparing for advanced on one side, with my college’s 1st year preparations, However, is this a good idea? I mean, are the 1st year studies really hard, so that i wont get any time to study for Advanced?

I need help on this. Sorry for very big write up, but please reply soon........

Thanks in advance,
Ayush

Grade:

1 Answers

Sher Mohammad IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty 174 Points
9 years ago
yes you can prepare for IIT , many students do this, but it is a hard thing to do.

sher mohammad
b.tech, iit delhi

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free