I wrote my jee mains this year and got a score of 132. Although it means that I have qualified for advanced, it rules out my chance of getting a seat in NIT(general category, computer science). It makes me more apprehensive than ever. I have just managed to scrape through mains and I am not very confident about jee advanced. What minimum score(based on last few years` pattern) would I require to get a seat in an IIT for computer science? Also, is there a way to get into NIT based on jee advanced score? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I wrote my jee mains this year and got a score of 132. Although it means that I have qualified for advanced, it rules out my chance of getting a seat in NIT(general category, computer science). It makes me more apprehensive than ever. I have just managed to scrape through mains and I am not very confident about jee advanced. What minimum score(based on last few years` pattern) would I require to get a seat in an IIT for computer science? Also, is there a way to get into NIT based on jee advanced score? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Grade:12

1 Answers

Apoorva Arora IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 181 Points
9 years ago
Hi
If you have qualified the JEE-Mains exam, you are eligible for the JEE Advanced as well as for the counseling of NITs. Even if you don't get through the Advanced, you can still go for the counseling of any of the NIT's. Also, If you are only interested in CS branch, you need to perform really well in the JEE Advanced, therefore, I will suggest you to never give up on the NITs as Computer Science in any of the top NITs is almost equivalent to any low branch in the IITs.
Thanks and Regards
Apoorva Arora
IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free