I have scored 65 percentage in Karnataka puc boards. Can I still take the jee advance paper as I have a percentile of 96 in jee mains 2019. Will I make it in time if I write the supplementary paper?

I have scored 65 percentage in Karnataka puc boards. Can I still take the jee advance paper as I have a percentile of 96 in jee mains 2019. Will I make it in time if I write the supplementary paper?

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Aastha Singh
askIITians Faculty 212 Points
4 years ago
JEE MAINS – At least 75% marks in class 12th, or be in the top 20 percentile in class 12th class exam conducted by the respective board, to qualify for admissions. For SC/ST candidates, the qualifying marks are 65% marks.
Performance in Class 12 or Equivalent Examination

JEE ADVANCED- Must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in class 12 (or equivalent) Board examination.

Must be within the top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective class 12 (or equivalent) board examination.

The marks scored in the following five subjects will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks and the cut-off marks for fulfilling the top 20 percentile criterion:

Physics
Chemistry
Mathematics
A language (if the candidate has taken more than one language, then the language with the higher marks will be considered)
Any subject other than the above four (the subject with the highest marks will be considered).

Cut Off Marks for Top 20 Percentile

The cut off marks for top 20 percentile are calculated based on Class 12 marks.
The top 20 percentile cut off for the academic year 2019 will be considered for students passing class 12 in 2019.
Similarly, top 20 percentile cut off for the academic year 2017 will be considered for students passing class 12 in 2017.
In case board does not provide information about the cut off for top 20 percentile, candidates will have to produce a certificate from the board.

Even if you are considering to write supplementary exam, make sure you get the resuts before counselling sessions begin, and notify the board about your retake on exam through an affidavit.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free