MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: Rs.

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Grade: 11

Hello everyone, I have a question for everyone i.e., a man takes 1000 kg watermelons which has 99% water contents but after a distance the water contents reduced to 98% how much weight has reduced of the watermelons? The correct answer is 500 but i cant figure out that it is this, acc. to my calculations the answer is 10. How this is possible.. Pls Help... Thanks Bharat XI-SCI-B (I have searched on net for this question but no result, so dont waste time in searching the web)

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

Krishan Pareek
31 Points
							Dear initially you the man had 10kg solid contentAnd now he also have 10kg solid and 98% water content It means 10kg =2℅Therefore 5kg=1%And  500kg=100℅Now total amount he have =500kg

3 years ago
Bharat
10 Points

Rather than thinking about the part of the watermelon that is water, think in terms of the part that is not water. This part does not change as the watermelon sits in the sun.

At the start 1% of the 100 kg watermelon is not water, that is 1 kg of the watermelon is not water. After sitting in the sun this 1 kg of material is 2% of the watermelon since the part that is water is 98%. The problem can thus be reworded to ask, what weight is a watermelon if 2% if it weighs 1 kg?

Suppose the watermelon weighs W kgs then 2% of W is 1, or W(2/100) = 1 so W is 50 kgs.

2 years ago
Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?
Answer & Earn Cool Goodies

Course Features

• 728 Video Lectures
  • Revision Notes
  • Previous Year Papers
  • Mind Map
  • Study Planner
  • NCERT Solutions
  • Discussion Forum
  • Test paper with Video Solution