sir i am a dropper and due to my carelessness i am lagging behind very much..please can u tell me how an what to study so that i can crack jee 2010. sir i hav some command in 12 class physics and some portions in oraganic chemistry.. maths and inorganic chemistry haunts me.i dont know anythng in it.pls guide me.

sir i am a dropper and due  to my carelessness i am lagging behind very much..please can u tell me how an what to study so that i can crack jee 2010. sir i hav some command in 12 class physics and some portions in oraganic chemistry.. maths and inorganic chemistry haunts me.i dont know anythng in it.pls guide me. 

Grade:

1 Answers

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert
148 Points
14 years ago

Dear abhishek

U r a dropper ,so it is your last chance in IIT JEE.Cracking IIT JEE required practice and time.till now u should have finished the syllabus.this is the time of revision.

The section-wise breakup of marks in the past four years  JEE  has been given below for your reference.

PHYSICS
'Electrostatics and Current Electricity', and 'Electromagnetism'-each of these topics has contributed about 15% to the total

marks

'Optics' too contributes approximately 13% to the IIT-JEE

In the past four years, approximately 20% of the total marks pertain to Mechanics. Within Mechanics, the favorite topics seem

to be 'Rigid Body Rotation' and 'Motion on a Plane'.

'Mechanical Waves' (sound) has accounted for approximately 12% of the total marks.

CHEMISTRY

'Organic Chemistry' has the highest weightage with mean marks of 36%. Topics like 'Isomerism' and 'Name Reactions', and

'Stability of reaction intermediates' should be thoroughly covered.

'Physical Chemistry' is a close second with a mean weightage of 33%.

'Inorganic Chemistry' and 'General Chemistry' account for 21% and 10% of the total marks. Inorganic Chemistry should be

prepared by studying the group properties and periodicity.

MATHEMATICS
'Calculus' accounts for about 30% of the total marks in JEE Screening.

'Algebra' has a weightage of about 23% of the total marks.

'Analytical Geometry' has a weightage of about 20% of the total marks.

The topics of 'Vectors and 3-D Geometry' and 'Probability' have a weightage of approximately 6% each.

'Trigonometry' carries a weightage of about 9%. It has been observed that this weightage was as high as 17% in JEE

Please note that the JEE is not about scoring 100% in a subject or the examination. Your aim should be to attain an optimal

score in each subject, depending on your strengths and weaknesses.so should start revision the topic whatever u have learned.

i have above maintioned the waitage of different topic.so u can leave those  topic if u r very weak in it and percentage of weitage is less.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free