hi! I have done my preparation from HC Verma for physics, Arihant (the whole series) for maths and NCERT and OP Agarwal for chem....should i do the revision also from the same books as i am more familier with them (like solving the problems from the same book again ) or just keep solving problems from various books as revision. By the way how important is Geometrical Optics (this is one chapter i am quite weak in)....? I actually feel that as far as maths is concerned .....i feel like going through arihant once again...i am quite comfortable with the books and the way things are presented in ....so ....please suggest something thank you!

hi!

I have done my preparation from HC Verma for physics, Arihant (the whole series) for maths and NCERT and OP Agarwal for chem....should i do the revision also from the same books as i am more familier with them (like solving the problems from the same book again ) or just keep solving problems from various books as revision. By the way how important is Geometrical Optics (this is one chapter i am quite weak in)....? I actually feel that as far as maths is concerned .....i feel like going through arihant once again...i am quite comfortable with the books and the way things are presented in ....so ....please suggest something 

thank you!

Grade:

1 Answers

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert
148 Points
14 years ago

Dear Rhea

Since limited time is left so don't try new books just follow the same books which u are following and study material of your coaching classes.

study the formuls and concept from the same books and for the problem you can start solving model test papers ,In this you will get some new problems which will be very usefull in your prepration.

First of all u be clear in ur conceptual understanding and then concentrate on solving various questions from different study

materials. This way u can channel the conceptual understanding to the problem solving by solving the problems related to the

concepts that u studied.

Also utilize the faculties of the coaching centres to know about the techniques of solving the problems

You have already finished your syllabus then you can give sufficient time for geometrical optics,this is important chapter and you will get few questio based upon these topics.

Try to solve more and more model papers.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free