Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: Rs.

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
S Chatterjee Grade:


I'm a software architect with 11 yrs experience. My B tech degree was Civil engg from IT BHU. However, I passed out in 2nd class (DGPA 6.32/10). I wish to pursue Phd in Computer Sc and Engg. subsequently, but as a baby step would like to explore options like PGDIIT from IITB. So, my question is, do I need to sit for GATE CS? Does my case seem acheivable, or am I just asking for too much?


8 years ago

Answers : (1)

AskiitianExpert Pramod-IIT-R
47 Points
										Dear Mr. Chatterjee;
  This is very good achievement for a graduation degree form IT BHU at that time. If you have more than 5 years experience then you may apply for PhD but only in your field means civil Engineering not computer science. In IIT point of view, any one entrance is mandatory for outsider(Non-IITian) you got selected by JEE but that is not an IIT and you will have to write a GATE paper because total experience is zero years in computer field. If you will qualify this exam only then you can apply for CS. yes you can apply for Civil branch without GATE but not in case CS.
Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed 
solution very  quickly.
We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts
Pramod Kumar
IITR Alumni
8 years ago
Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?
Answer & Earn Cool Goodies
  • Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: Rs. 15,900
  • View Details
  • Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: Rs. 15,900
  • View Details

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
To Win!!! Click Here for details