I am a BTech Petroleum Final Year student in Anna University. I would like to Continue my education for MTech in same branch. I am prefering to get admission in Rajeev Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Raie Bareli. What is the procedure for admission there. Is there MTech in Petroleum Branch. Could you please clear my doubts. Thanking you Akbar

I am a BTech Petroleum Final Year student in Anna University. I would like to Continue my education for MTech in same branch. I am prefering to get admission in Rajeev Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Raie Bareli.

What is the procedure for admission  there. Is there MTech in Petroleum Branch.

Could you please clear my doubts.

Thanking you

Akbar

Grade:9

1 Answers

SAGAR SINGH - IIT DELHI
878 Points
13 years ago

Dear akbar,

Yeah there is MTech in petroleum engg in RGPIT...

let me tell you something about the college.

The Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MOP&NG), Government of India set up The Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) at Jais, Dist. Rae Bareli, Uttar Pradesh through an Act of Parliament (“Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Act 2007"). RGIPT has been accorded the eminence of being an “ Institute of National Importance” along the lines of the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT). The Institute is empowered to award degrees in its own right. RGIPT is co-promoted as an energy domain specific institute by six leading Oil Public Sector Units (ONGC, IOCL, OIL, GAIL, BPCL and HPCL) in association with the Oil Industry Development Board (OIDB). The Institute is associating with leading International Universities/Institutions specializing in the domain of Petroleum Technology.

How to Apply

• Interested candidates should fill the attached Application Form. Photocopies of certificates, B.Tech mark sheets and GATE score card and category certificates must be attached with the application.
  • Completed applications should reach Coordinator, M.Tech (Petroleum Engineering) programme, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Ratapur Chowk, Rae Bareli- 229 316, Uttar Pradesh on the date mentioned in Application Form.

Selection process:

• The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their B.Tech performance (for sponsored and non-sponsored candidates) and GATE score (for non-sponsored candidates). They will be called for an interview and will be offered admission in order of merit.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free