Sir i just wanna know dat which book is better , for theor , i m thing to buy 1 , soo....... Plzz help...

Sir i just wanna know dat which book is better , for theor , i m thing to buy 1 , soo.......

Plzz help...

Grade:11

1 Answers

Rohith Gandhi
24 Points
14 years ago

Dear Kaustubh,

From my experience, there are two parts to think about when you pick a book for organic chemistry. First one is how well the theory is explained and second one is how well the problems are solved, i.e. how many practice problems are given. The second part can be obtained from any book like op tandon, rk gupta etc.. but the first part i.e. theory is pretty important. i have followed both morrison boyd and solomons in my first year while preparing for IIT JEE, after which some one suggested me a book called L.G. Wade Jr, organic chemistry. After reading it, i realised that it was the best book that you can get to clear your concepts with organic chemistry. The literature is too student friendly and the mechanisms are given very clearly. So, I advise you if possible take L.G. Wade Jr.

So, you can get your fundamentals clear with Wade Jr, and for practice you need op tandon. So, I guess you need to take both if you want to perform well.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Kaustubh !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts
Rohtih Gandhi, IIT Kgp

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free