My son is preparing for JEE mains and Advance. We are living in Saudi Arabia and My son is a student of class 12th in Indian International School, Riyadh and is an Askiitians student. He is preparing hard and willing to make it to IITs, or NITs.I just want to know whether the number of student will be just 1,50,000 in JEE (advance )?

My son is preparing for JEE mains and Advance. We are living in Saudi Arabia and My son is

a student of class 12th in Indian International School, Riyadh and is an Askiitians student. 

He is preparing hard and willing to make it to IITs, or NITs.I just want to know whether the 

number of student will be just 1,50,000 in JEE (advance )?

Grade:12th Pass

6 Answers

Devraj Roj
16 Points
11 years ago

Hi Mr.iyer,

As per the new arrangement only top 150000 students will be selected for JEE advance out of JEE mains. Students in NIT to a large extrent will be seleced from this group only and selection in IIT will be determind by the performance in Advance paper.

Satyam Raj
31 Points
11 years ago

In pursuance of MHRD’s directions and subsequent decision of the JEE Apex Board on JEE(Main) and (Advanced) held on 25.08.2012, the JEE (Main) Examination, 2013 (hitherto known asAIEEE - Paper I) for admissions to B.E./B.Tech courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIswill be held during April, 2013.The JEE (Main) (Paper I of earlier AIEEE) for B.E./B.Tech will be held in two modes, vizoffline and online (CBT).

The offline examination for JEE (Main) will be held on 7th April, 2013 andthe online examinations will be held thereafter in April, 2013.The examination (Paper II of earlier AIEEE) for admissions to B.Arch/B.Planning courses atNITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be held on 7th April, 2013 in offline mode only.The merit list for admission to NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be prepared bygiving 40% weightage (suitably normalised) to class XII (or equivalent examination) or other qualifyingexamination marks and 60% to the performance in JEE (Main) Examination.The JEE (Main)-2013 (Paper I of earlier AIEEE) will have one objective type question paper.The paper will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

The duration of the paper will be 3(Three) Hours. The Paper II for admissions to B.Arch/B.Planning courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhiand other CFTIs will have one Question Paper consisting of Mathematics, Aptitude Test and DrawingTest as per past practice of AIEEE. The duration of the paper will be 3 (Three) Hours. Detailedbulletin is being prepared and will be published shortly.Only 1,50,000 of the top rankers in JEE (Main), which includes students from all categories (GE,OBC (NCL), SC and ST) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced)-2013 (hitherto known as IIT-JEE)for admission to IITs, IIT BHU and ISM Dhanbad. Notice in this regard has been issued by the IITsystem separately.AIEEE conducted earlier by the CBSE would now be known as JEE (Main).

For any clarificationregarding JEE (Main) 2013 , kindly mail your query to jeemain2013@gmail.com

Vijya Shanti
18 Points
11 years ago

Dear Parent,

The number of students will be 1,50,000 on the basis of the marks of related board (40%) and JEE (Mains) - 60%. 

I would also like to mention, that along with the JEE (Advance) score, it will be mandatory to be from top 20 percentile from your respective board to be part of Indian Institute of Technology.

Best of luck!

VIjya Shanthi

IIT, Chennai

Natasha gupta
18 Points
11 years ago

Dear Sir,

Yes, the number of students will be 1,50,000 in JEE (advaance)

Rahul Kumar
131 Points
11 years ago

Hi, Yes, the number of students will be 1,50,000. And it will be based on the results of JEE Mains and Board examinations.

These top 1,50,000 students will give Advanced test for IIT''s

Best of luck for your son

Regards

Rahul

Danish Khan
18 Points
11 years ago

Hi ,

As per your question post related to the student selected in JEE Advance?. I would like to inform you that as per the new rule of JEE ( Mains and Advance ) only top 150000 students will be selected for JEE advance out of JEE mains and it will be depend on JEE Mains and also Board Examination .

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free