Hi IITians, I'm planning to go for M.Tech in IIT basically I'm a B.Tech Production Engineer. I would like to know the career opportunities in the mechanical streams of M.Tech from IIT. Basically what is the average percentage of campus placements and say the average salary per annum for a period of last three years especially in the mechanical stream. Also I would like to know the abroad opportunities for Mechanical Stream M.Tech IITians. What are the major MNC that are looking for mechanical stream M.Tech IITians. Looking forward for your worthful reply. Sincerely, Parthiban Sekar.

Hi IITians,

I'm planning to go for M.Tech in IIT basically I'm a B.Tech Production Engineer. I would like to know the career opportunities in the mechanical streams of M.Tech from IIT.

Basically what is the average percentage of campus placements and say the average salary per annum for a period of last three years especially in the mechanical stream.

Also I would like to know the abroad opportunities for Mechanical Stream M.Tech IITians. What are the major MNC that are looking for mechanical stream M.Tech IITians.

Looking forward for your worthful reply.

Sincerely,

Parthiban Sekar.

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

Ramesh V
70 Points
14 years ago

Hey Parth,

If u have a B.tech degree and working somewhr in any industry with a CTC package arnd 5-6 Lakh, then its not worthy coming to IIT for M Tech ( as the packages for fresh M Techs are same around 5-6 lakhs)

But it some times happens that (as you graduate in 2012 frm IIT) , you may get a gud package in some Indian comapnies or govt. companies ) with CTC around 6-8 lakhs as mechanical is one of the branch considered by 70% of companies coming for placements in IIT.( the total companies can be 200-300 in number depending on IIT)

As far MNCs are considered, i have never heard of companies coming specially for M Techs.

If they come so,they will consider BTech too and mostly dominate thr .

gud luck

--

regards

Ramesh

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free