I have completed by B.Tech in chemical engineering. Now, i have been selected for mtech. in chemical engineering at one of the IITs. Recently, i received a mail from IIT for submission of medical fitness certificate. In this regard, i would like to inform you that I have colour blindness. So, would it be an obstacle for admission into mtech.?( Though in mtech. brochure, no where it is written that colour blindness will be considered to be a disqualification. Only in UG admission brochure of IITs, I found that colour blind candidates are not allowed to take up mining and related courses only.) I am planning to pursue mtech followed by Phd and build a career in academics. Hopefully, colour blindness wont pose any problem for the career i am planning for. Please do reply and clarify my doubts.

I have completed by B.Tech in chemical engineering. Now, i have been selected for mtech. in chemical engineering at one of the IITs. Recently, i received a mail from IIT for submission of medical fitness certificate. In this regard, i would like to inform you that I have colour blindness. So, would it be an obstacle for admission into mtech.?( Though in mtech. brochure, no where it is written that colour blindness will be considered to be a disqualification. Only in UG admission brochure of IITs, I found that colour blind candidates are not allowed to take up mining and related courses only.) 

I am planning to pursue mtech followed by Phd and build a career in academics. Hopefully, colour blindness wont pose any problem for the career i am planning for. 

Please do reply and clarify my doubts.

Grade:

1 Answers

Sourabh Singh IIT Patna
askIITians Faculty 2104 Points
7 years ago
No until and unless the branch in which you are applying is asking for specific kind of fitness , till then you are absolutely fit n fine like a Rambo for the course . So just enjoy and keep chilling

Best of Luck for your studies

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free