hello sir! please clear my doubts regarding JEE 2013 by answering my following questions : for JEE advanced,they will consider top 20 percentile of XII(2013) or XII(2012) or both? please tell. CBSE chairman said that to be eligible for JEE advanced ,one must secure(minimum) 78%(CBSE) and 65%(UP board) for this year's result.so is this for JEE 2013? this 78% or 65% is asked overall or just in PCM? I completed my 12th from UP board,so is there facility of improvement(heard that is for 2012 XII passouts)? where to get improvement form? please answer all my questions in the similar manner(point wise). Very URGENT.Please REPLY SOON...................................

hello sir! please clear my doubts regarding JEE 2013 by answering my following questions :

• for JEE advanced,they will consider top 20 percentile of XII(2013) or XII(2012) or both? please tell.

• CBSE chairman said that to be eligible for JEE advanced ,one must secure(minimum) 78%(CBSE) and 65%(UP board) for this year's result.so is this for JEE 2013?

• this 78% or 65% is asked overall or just in PCM?

• I completed my 12th from UP board,so is there facility of improvement(heard that is for 2012 XII passouts)?

• where to get improvement form?

please answer all my questions in the similar manner(point wise).

Very URGENT.Please REPLY SOON...................................

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

kavish Dwivedi
94 Points
11 years ago

1.It will purely be on basis of top 20% appearing whether fresher or dropper..they will shortlist top 20% from every board of the country and wont e doing all this different for freshers and droppers..though it seems that the list of top 20% will be generated by the boards themselves and given to the examination commitee and they wont surely go for a hefty process of classifying on the basis of freshers annd droppers because it wil take a lot of time which is not usually available between JEE and cbse result declaration ...

2.yes this is the probable percentage needed but its the maximum possible ..it can go below these figures but surely wont cross..if i am not worng out of 12 lac appearinng for aieee 7-8 lac are from cbse..out of them this year 28000 got above 90% then atmost 1.5 lac would have got above 75% ..which to my calculations make it 1.5/8*100=21.8%..so yes the cbse chairman is nearly right in his statistics.and it will be most probably your 5 main subjects in boards and for jee 13 will improve at around 1% so make it 79% and 66% for next year. because of theincreasing amount of students appearing every year...

3.yes there is a facility and contact your school people as soon as possible as well as you yourself follow up with the U.P. BOARD OFFICE(get the contact from their website or its better if you go and meet n person for that) ABOUT HOW TO APPEAR FOR IMPROVEMENTS dont just be dependent on the school people.

And finally as an advice dont pay heed to these percentages and all...if you can get it get it because it is neccessary to boost up your confidence for next year...there are other colleges like NITs and BITS and IIITs and HBTI which are very good and will make you a good engineer...even some of these are better than IITs

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free