i have got ENGINEERING DESIGN(AUTOMOTIVE ENGG) in iit madras.i need to know about the placements and prospects for higher studies in this department. thank you !

i have got ENGINEERING DESIGN(AUTOMOTIVE ENGG) in iit madras.i need to know about the placements and prospects for higher studies in this department.

thank you !

Grade:12th Pass

1 Answers

kavish Dwivedi
94 Points
11 years ago

its a very good branch and a rare one too ...

Students are introduced to the design process in the first year along with fundamental concepts in mathematics, science and engineering, graphic art, design aesthetics and art appreciation. In addition to being trained on the mechanical aspects of design they are also taught concepts in electronics, controls and embedded systems to obtain a well rounded set of skills.
Computers have great role to play in contemporary design practice. With modern CAD and CAM laboratories and courses in geometric modeling, finite elements and computational fluid dynamics, the curriculum provides the appropriate blend of theory and practice. It also includes courses in business management, economics, one foreign language, and the legal aspects of design such as intellectual property rights. Comprehensive courses during the fourth and the fifth year take students through all aspects of automotive design, and biomedical device design.

so you can see that it has its prospects in a lot of comanies...

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free