i have been alloted electronics eng 4 yr course in iit BHU . should i go for it ? or take cse 4 yr course at IIIT hyderabad (international institute of information technology). PLZ reply soon as ihave to apply for it. i have interest in both , plz let me know which will be better ?

i have been alloted electronics eng 4 yr course in iit BHU . should i go for it ? or take cse 4 yr course at IIIT hyderabad (international institute of information technology). PLZ reply soon as ihave to apply for it. i have interest in both , plz let me know which will be better ?

Grade:12th Pass

11 Answers

RAGHU babu
119 Points
11 years ago

Go for IT Bhu  your  life will settle,great opportunities

kavish Dwivedi
94 Points
11 years ago

CSE IIIT H without any doubt ... for more info go to http://collegeranking2012.blogspot.in/

rajat k
17 Points
11 years ago

Go For BHU Electronics. There is no comparison if you like both options. 

BHU is much better option. Dont go by some blog post for ranking. If you want to see ranking then see 2012 rankings by India Today and Outlook. BHU was 6th and 7th. IIIT-H is not close. And this is before BHU becoming IIT.

Anyway, if you are interested in both then BHU is far better option for brand name.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/bestcolleges/2012/ranks.jsp?ST=Engineering&Y=2012

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?281299

pankaj malhotra
18 Points
11 years ago

sir, shouldn,t  i go for the iit tag that IIT BHU now offers ? does it really matters in life ? 

pankaj malhotra
18 Points
11 years ago

sir, but i have heard that IIIT H ,s CSE is best in asia and it ranks no 1 in placements according to data quest survey . plz suggest away out . thank you.

pankaj malhotra
18 Points
11 years ago

thank you sir , plz suggest a way out. 

kavish Dwivedi
94 Points
11 years ago

way out is that iit bhu any branch is not at all comparable to a branch when it comes to average 9.8 lakh pakage and numerous amount of research and patents and undoubtedly indias best coding team for over 4 years on a trot .... iiit h tag is bigger in software companies dude bigger than iit m,iit kgp ,iit g,iit r and nit trichy....

rajat k
17 Points
11 years ago

Average salary of IIIT-H being 9.5 does not tell the story. All IITs have 10-15 branches and IIIT-H has only 3. Those 3 branches are higehr package ones but IITs have lot of lower package branches. This average salary for whole institute is useless figure when comparing two options.

For example, CS BHU had 16-17 as average in CS. Same story in KGP, Guwahati and Roorkee. Now Hyderabd CS shoudl be compared with CS branch of IIT if you are only comparing placement. That is better comparison. I dont know all figures but MnC at BHU was 10.5. Electronics is near 9-10. I dont know about Hyderabd CS placement figures because I have never looked at it. Anyway, these figures for BHU was before getting IIT tag so likely to see some upward trend.

I think IIT tag matters a lot if you want to go for MS or MBA. If you really love CS then take Hyderabd because it is very good for research but if you are not in love with any brancehs then BHU Electronics + IIT tag is far supurior option. You will never regret not studying in IIT and you are getting very good branch as well. Just my opinion but verify facts always otherwise you migth start comparing total institute average of Hyderabad with institute average of other place. That is not rigth way to compare. Also always rely on ranking by reputed source rahter than some random blogs. ranking are not 100% correct but it will give you some idea.

kavish Dwivedi
94 Points
11 years ago

RAJAT K see first of all no college in india can have such average salary of 16-17 lakhs ...its totally baseless because even the best companies like amazon,google,ms,gs offerning jobs in india give not more than 16 lakh...there may be fb visiting and offering above that but its fine...fb visits NIT T,W,A AND S even and offers the same there too.you go and search any coding website look at the ACM-ICPC results of past 5 years which is the most prestigious coding competition held in the world ...what you will see is the no1 as IIIT H...IIT BHU dint even qualify from the last 3 years to the final stage of the competition whereas IIIT H has always been the no 1 indian team till date and holds the record of world rank 19 amongst any indian team beating MIT and harvard this year with a team of 2nd and 3rd years..they have 3 profiles of google,ms,fb,ge(IDC,india,US) visiting their campus every year with even the lowest as 5-6 lakh whereas companies like infosys,wipro visit bhu with pakages of 3.8 lakh p.a. ..see going by the rankings and websites i shud have advised pankaj NIT T ahead of IIIT H because of the better ORCR in eee but i am not hesitant to say that IIIT H CSE is far far better than NIT T cse when it comes to quality,grooming and placements and please correct your datas even iit b cse had an average placement of 7.8 lakh p.a how could bhu go to 16 lakh p.a. with companies like infosys visiting the campus...

rajat k
17 Points
11 years ago

I dont know have information about IIT-B CS but I know for a fact that IIT-BHU, IIT-R and IIT-Guwahati, all had an average of 15-17 package for CS. You are rigth , this average is so high due to many oversease placements. For Example, Goole hired 2 for their US office, Facebook hired 3 for their US office in BHU. Same story in Guwahati and Roorkee. Now even when you ignore oversease palcements their average salary is still near 11-13 due to most guys getting over 10. 

I did talk to several people from all three places because my brother was deciding where to go. All of them confirmed the salary range and range in other campuses as well so there is no issue with one person hyping it. I dont knnow where you got infromation about IIT-B CS having salary of 7-8. It is possible that Bombay started reporting the take home salary as opposed to every institutute in India reporting CTC(cost to company). Its highly unlikely for IIT-B CS to get lower than BHU, Roorkee or Guwahati. Indian placement average is over 10 in all three so I dont believe that average of IIT-B cs will be so low.

I did not know the figure of any other IIT CS but for three IITs is 100% correct. I got rough individual numbers as well and calcualted rough average to cross check it. I Just assumed that IIT-KGP, Bombay etc will be even higher. All studetns of IIT also confirmed that IIIT-H CS is very good for research and their faculty is good. 

rajat k
17 Points
11 years ago

Infosys and Wipro are mass recuriter and not many from CS will go for those companies. You might be under impression that CS guys from these places take jobs in Infosys and Wipro but it is a wrong impression. I got the list for last year and I can confirm you the facts.  TCS migth visit the campus as well but I doubt anyone from CS ever sits for their interview.

You can see the list of recruiter at 3 places and spot many high paying CS companies yourself.

http://www.iitr.ac.in/Placements/pages/Our_Recruiters.html

http://itbhu.ac.in/tpo/info/placements/#!/view/#tnp-recruiters/

http://www.iitg.ernet.in/placement/recruiters.html

Talk to few 4th year CS guys in those places and you will get direct information. You can even ask guys from one campus about other campuses becasue they all have rough idea. That will ensure any one person not hyping it. Thats what we did when researching. We talked to 10-12 4th year guys. We had some connections otherwise we did not know 10-12 CS 4year  guys personally. Not all IITs list palcement information directly and in some cases like BHU they had 3 year old infromation and now I dont even see it. It seems they are updating the site but getting infromation from 3-4 4th years guys from three IITs will get you the range.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free