iitjee rank- 15366 aieee rank -11670 i am getting following options : lnmiit daiict iiit-delhi iiit-allahabad(IT) nit-calicut(chemical engg) nit-allahabad(chem engg) bits goa(dual degree btech+Msc maths/chem) what is your advice................ which of these institues should I select? although not the only criteria,but, placement for me is important and I don't want to work with 3-4 lakh salary and placements of DAIICT and LNMIIT is not that great(according to their website) its good in IIIT-Delhi but i think thats because its in NSIT campus and I think there will be a drop next year..also fees is very high,almost 1.75-2 lakh a year(although i will be able to manage it ,but,is it worth it?) what do you advice?????????

iitjee rank- 15366

aieee rank -11670

i am getting following options : lnmiit

daiict

iiit-delhi

iiit-allahabad(IT)

nit-calicut(chemical engg)

nit-allahabad(chem engg)

bits goa(dual degree btech+Msc maths/chem)

what is your advice................

which of these institues should I select?

although not the only criteria,but, placement for me is important and I don't want to work with 3-4 lakh salary and placements of DAIICT and LNMIIT is not that great(according to their website)

its good in IIIT-Delhi but i think thats because its in NSIT campus and I think there will be a drop next year..also fees is very high,almost 1.75-2 lakh a year(although i will be able to manage it ,but,is it worth it?)

what do you advice?????????

Grade:

2 Answers

skjfh skjfh
34 Points
11 years ago

Hi

I am a student of IIIT-Delhi and consider it my duty to clarify this doubt you have.

Our placements have nothing to do with NSIT. All the companies that visited IIIT-Delhi came because

of our great mix of good faculty and good students. When I was taking admission, for me the first preference

instead of being placements was faculty and that was why I took admission here and left many other colleges

with so called good placements Smile and i am proud of that. I have many friends in NSIT and DCE, actually they

are at IIIT-Delhi as interns and they tell me that there is no research scene in either NSIT or DCE. Faculty there

publish in low level conferences just to show that they did research. The faculty at IIIT-Delhi only publish at high level

conferences of international repute and the best part is even the undergraduate students get can take part in the research

stuff being done.

All these things lead to good companies visiting our campus for placements and not the fact that it was situated in NSIT.

My only point is that, if for you becoming an engineer is important and not barely being called an engineer, then take IIIT-Delhi

You can go and check out the site for the research work being done by undergraduates. IIIT-D organises a Research Showcase

every year, where everyone ranging from faculty to undergraduates show their work. The link to this years showcase is here.

http://sites.iiitd.ac.in/rs12/projects.html

sac cho
4 Points
11 years ago

do you think i should prefer it more than daiict ???

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free