Hey,i wrote JEE 2012 this year and got AIR175.I am keen on taking up CSE course .Ihave an option between taking up IIT Delhi 5 year M Tech Dual course or taking up IIT Kanpur 4 year CSE course.With reference to campus life,placements and internships which one of the two options would u prefer is a better option to join? Some people say taking up a 5year course is a waste of 1 year,is that true? Is there any difference between taking up a 4year course and 5 year course ? Are there any disadvantages in taking up a 5 year course in CSE?

Hey,i wrote JEE 2012 this year and got AIR175.I am keen on taking up CSE course .Ihave an option between taking up IIT Delhi 5 year M Tech Dual course or taking up IIT Kanpur 4 year CSE course.With reference to campus life,placements and internships which one of the two options would u prefer is a better option to join?

Some people say taking up a 5year course is a waste of 1 year,is that true?

Is there any difference between taking up a 4year course and 5 year course ?

Are there any disadvantages in taking up a 5 year course in CSE?

Grade:12th Pass

3 Answers

Aman Bansal
592 Points
11 years ago

Dear Rohit,

4 Year degree is much better then the dual degree, IIT Kanpur would be the best option for you.

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

Deepak kumar ism- Dhanbad
42 Points
11 years ago

M TECH From iit kanpur is simmiler to mit . you have secured very good rank in jee but CSE is only meaning ful of iit bombay.

if you are not getting cse at iit bombay than you should to try in elecrical in Delhi and bombay. you will definately get them . will make your future birght. five year course is not waste of one year because . m tech degree will help you in getting plaacements in abroad.

rohit mehta
16 Points
11 years ago

chill dude

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free