Hello sir! since i am preparing 4 JEE 2013,I want 2 know everything about it.Till now, i hv heard dat there will be 2 JEE papers- main n advanced.remaining how wud ranking b decided n similar other questions r swirling in my mind d most important of which is watll b d new syllabus. Plz tell me everything about d new pattern whoever knows abt it properly. Sir,its very important.Eagerly waiting 4 ur reply..................................

Hello sir! since i am preparing 4 JEE 2013,I want 2 know everything about it.Till now, i hv heard dat there will be 2 JEE papers- main n advanced.remaining how wud ranking b decided n similar other questions r swirling in my mind d most important of which is watll b d new syllabus.

Plz tell me everything about d new pattern whoever knows abt it properly.

Sir,its very important.Eagerly waiting 4 ur reply..................................

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Ashwin Muralidharan IIT Madras
290 Points
11 years ago

Hi Shivakant,

Important Points on New Policy of Admissions in IITs/NITs/IIITs/IISERs:

1. A Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) for admission to the undergraduate programmes in engineering would be conducted in two parts, JEE-MAIN and JEE-ADVANCED.
2. Both the main and advanced test would be held on the same day and compulsory for all candidates.
3. For admission in IITs: The Class XII Board/equivalent marks normalized on percentile basis through an appropriate formula plus the marks obtained in the JEE-MAIN examination, with equal weightage, would be used by IITs for purposes of gating/screening. Only a fixed number of candidates (five times the number of the seats for admission in the IIT system or a pre-fixed cut-off) screened on the basis of merit assessed on the basis of cumulative score of normalized School Board marks and performance in JEE-MAIN examination would be eligible to be considered for admission. The ranking for admission to undergraduate programmes in IITs would be based entirely on the performance in the JEE-ADVANCED examination from amongst the candidates screened through this process.
4. For NITs/IIITs/IISERs & all other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs): There would be 40% weightage for performance in Class XII Board marks normalized on percentile basis through an appropriate formula, 30% weightage for performance in JEE-MAIN and 30% weightage in JEE-ADVANCED and a combined merit decided accordingly.
5. JEE-MAIN tests shall be multiple choice objective type paper whereas the nature and modalities of the JEE-ADVANCED shall be determined by the Joint Admission Board of IITs.
6. The proposed changes will be effective from the year 2013 and both CFTIs and CBSE would work jointly.
7. The IIT council has also agreed to move to the 40:30:30 system by 2015 if they are happy with its effect on the NITs and IIITs.
8. The Joint Admission Board (JAB) of the IIT system would have complete control on matters such as paper setting, evaluation and preparation of the merit list, etc. over the JEE-ADVANCED and CBSE would provide the administrative support for conduct of the examination.
9. For the conduct of the JEE-MAIN examination an expanded Joint Admission Board shall be constituted including the NIT system, other CFTIs and State Government representatives in an appropriate manner. CBSE will provide the administrative and logistic support for the conduct of JEE-MAIN examination across the country.
10. The process of establishing co-ordination between COBSE & JAB-IITs for implementation of the core curriculum in sciences and maths across the CBSE, ICSE and State Boards shall be put in place immediately.
11. Those students who have appeared in the Class XII Board examinations in 2012 and wish to improve upon their performance can appear again for the Board examinations in 2013. CBSE and State Boards would make appropriate arrangements to facilitate this through a special dispensation.
12. The transparency processes established by the IIT system presently and in AIEEE-2012 shall be adopted for the JEE-MAIN and JEE-ADVANCED too.

Wish you all the best.

Regards,

Ashwin (IIT Madras).

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free