sir, i am very much confused over the books. im currently studying in chandigarh under very able guidance. my insitute for physics recommend h.c verma and b.m sharma but now and then i am getting remarks by my other friends (who study in prestigious insitutes) that they have been recommended resnick halliday , and they are solving iredov .... when i see the high quality of these books, i feel unconfident of my ongoing preperation. i even talked it to my tutor,, but he insists on h.c verma and b.m sharma... sir, i am very confused over which physics book to opt for .. furthermore for chemistry also.. my teacher recommends o.p tandon , then she also adds that i should have j.d lee , atkins, morrison and boyd . but when i go through these books, i find them quite advanced. so what i couldn't conclude is that, should i read these books for theory purpose or solve their questions?? SIR I WANT TO WORK HARD AND SUCCED BUT RIGHT NOW I AM COMPLETELY LOST, PLEASE HELP

sir,
i am very much confused over the books. im currently studying in chandigarh under very able guidance. my insitute for physics recommend h.c verma and b.m sharma  but now and then i am getting remarks by my other friends (who study in prestigious insitutes) that they have been recommended resnick halliday, and they are solving iredov.... when i see the high quality of these books, i feel unconfident of my ongoing preperation. i even talked it to my tutor,, but he insists on h.c verma and b.m sharma...
sir, i am very confused over which physics book to opt for..
furthermore for chemistry also.. my teacher recommends o.p tandon, then she also adds that i should have j.d lee , atkins, morrison and boyd. but when i go through these books, i find them quite advanced. so what i couldn't conclude is that, should i read these books for theory purpose or solve their questions??

SIR I WANT TO WORK HARD AND SUCCED BUT RIGHT NOW I AM COMPLETELY LOST, PLEASE HELP

Grade:

1 Answers

bibhash jha
15 Points
14 years ago

I thinks this a very commonn misconception that studying from a particular book will get you through iit. The important thing is that whatever book u follow,

study it thoroughly and keep revising.

HC Verma is very good book and I assure you if u can master this book , u wont have any problem in facing JEE problems.

Same for chemistry , u may continue the books you have been studying.  But if you have completed OP Tandon , you may

read those books. Remember  .. study one book more number of times than to study more number of books a time.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free