Plz help- i am fourth on the dce waiting list after 1st counselling [my CEE sc rank is 227] what can i possibly get ??Plz compare it with aieee air 63389 ..am sure of getting atleast prodn in pec as i dropped the same in 2nd counselling , in 3rd counselling the only branches better than prodn[2 vacnt in prodn too] vacant right now are ece[1],mech[2] and civil[2] ....is mech possible and would civil at PEC be better than MPA at nsit , considering that am a girl?? This is very imp ....i definitely can't get a core branch like civil at dce so wat should i do,if i get it at pec????Plz be generous with the lenght of your answer as am so confused right now that i can't even word my problem completely!!! just one more thing why has askiitians become so slow in answering our queries??

Plz help- i am fourth on the dce waiting list after 1st counselling [my CEE sc rank is 227] what can i possibly get ??Plz compare it with aieee air 63389 ..am sure of getting atleast prodn in pec as i dropped the same in 2nd counselling , in 3rd counselling the only branches better than prodn[2 vacnt in prodn too] vacant right now are ece[1],mech[2] and civil[2] ....is mech possible and would civil at PEC be better than MPA at nsit , considering that am a girl?? This is very imp ....i definitely can't get a core branch like civil at dce so wat should i do,if i get it at pec????Plz be generous with the lenght of your answer as am so confused right now that i can't even word my problem completely!!!
just one more thing why has askiitians become so slow in answering our queries??

Grade:12

1 Answers

AskIITians Expert Sunil,DCE
8 Points
14 years ago

HI,
I also completed my B.Tech  from Delhi College Of Engineering.
And think it’s better for a girl to take civil as compared to Production ( from DCE or PEC) and MPA, NSIT.
Frankly speaking, Civil is far better than from these branches.
Civil is having better placements, but this Year scenario was  not same bcoz of recession. Still BHEL, EIL, NTPC, Delhi Transco were the major companies  from public sector which came  with  many other famous private companies during the Placement session of DCE  this Year..

Hope ur query is answered.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free