Sir, I m interested in quantum physics.How can i pursue the subject in my higher studies?Can i take up M.Sc. in physics after B.Tech.?

Sir,

I m interested in quantum physics.How can i pursue the subject in my higher studies?Can i take up M.Sc. in physics after B.Tech.?

Grade:12

2 Answers

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

If u are interested in Basic sciences , then you should prefer going to BSc courses rather than B.Tech. BTech courses are technology based, that  are applicable to the industry. You can definitely go for an M.Tech degree after ur B.tech. For ur interest in quantum physics, i would suggest u to opt for engineering physics as the discipline for B.Tech. It is more related to research and wud be helpful to u for exploring ur intersts in Quantum physics.

Engineering physics (EP) is an academic degree, available mainly at the levels of B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D or even B.tech. Unlike other engineering degrees (such as aerospace engineering or electrical engineering), EP does not necessarily include a particular branch of science or physics. Instead, EP is meant to provide a more thorough grounding in applied physics of any area chosen by the student (such as optics, nanotechnology, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, control theory, aerodynamics, or solid-state physics).

AskIITians Expert Hari Shankar IITD
17 Points
14 years ago

Hi

I totally agree with what Shine said. Are you currently doing graduation or are you in schhol right now?

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free