Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: Rs.

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
vidhata P Grade: 12


I m interested in quantum physics.How can i pursue the subject in my higher studies?Can i take up M.Sc. in physics after B.Tech.?

8 years ago

Answers : (2)

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points


If u are interested in Basic sciences , then you should prefer going to BSc courses rather than B.Tech. BTech courses are technology based, that  are applicable to the industry. You can definitely go for an M.Tech degree after ur For ur interest in quantum physics, i would suggest u to opt for engineering physics as the discipline for B.Tech. It is more related to research and wud be helpful to u for exploring ur intersts in Quantum physics.

Engineering physics (EP) is an academic degree, available mainly at the levels of B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D or even Unlike other engineering degrees (such as aerospace engineering or electrical engineering), EP does not necessarily include a particular branch of science or physics. Instead, EP is meant to provide a more thorough grounding in applied physics of any area chosen by the student (such as optics, nanotechnology, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, control theory, aerodynamics, or solid-state physics).

8 years ago
AskIITians Expert Hari Shankar IITD
17 Points


  I totally agree with what Shine said. Are you currently doing graduation or are you in schhol right now?



8 years ago
Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?
Answer & Earn Cool Goodies
  • Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: Rs. 15,900
  • View Details
  • Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: Rs. 15,900
  • View Details

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
To Win!!! Click Here for details