I have passed 10+2 in 2006 with 60% and now I am in final year of diploma in mech. engg. Am I eligible for IIT JEE 2010? I will be passing 2 qualifying exams after completing my diploma engg next year. Which of these 2 will be considered as qualifying exam? I know that diploma holders are eligible for IIT JEE. But am I eligible for IIT JEE 2010? pls help sir.

I have passed 10+2 in 2006 with 60% and now I am in final year of diploma in mech. engg. Am I eligible for IIT JEE 2010? I will be passing 2 qualifying exams after completing my diploma engg next year. Which of these 2 will be considered as qualifying exam? I know that diploma holders are eligible for IIT JEE. But am I eligible for IIT JEE 2010? pls help sir.

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

The following is the eligibilty criteria fr JEE 2009:

A candidate must meet each of the following conditions:

1. He/she can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years.

2. He/she should have passed (10+2) or equivalent qualifying examinationin 2008 or should be appearing in 2009, and secure at least 60% (55% for SC/ST and Person with physical disability PDI] marks in aggregate in his/her respective Board examination. He/she should NOT have passed the qualifying examination earlier than October 1, 2007. If any Board awards only letter-grades, he/she should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks. In case the respective Board awards letter-grades without providing norms for converting them to equivalent percentage marks, the norms decided by the Joint Implementation Committee, JEE-2009 shall be final.

3. He/she should NOT have accepted admission by paying full fees at
any of the IITs, IT-BHU- Varanasi or ISMU, Dhanbad through JEE.

4. He/she should have been born on or after October 1, 1984 (October
1, 1979 for SC/ST and PD candidates).

Since u have passed the 12 in 2006, u wont be eligible fr IITJEE anymore. Coz fr iitjee 2010, the date fr qualifying xam wud be furher increase by one yr to 2008.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free