My daughter is studying in CBSE 5 th std and I have 1 std studying son too. As a father what I need to do to make them competent for IIT. Please provided a complete detailed steps about a) what we need to do at different time (age) b) and in home how we need to educate or encourage them c) what type of activities we need to involve them so that ALL the required talents of IIT like conceptual / analytical thinking will get flourished in my child automatically. Sincerely - Sowmi (sowmi.narayanan@planetsoft.com)

My daughter is studying in CBSE 5 th std and I have 1 std studying son too. As a father what I need to do to make them competent for IIT. Please provided a complete detailed steps about a) what we need to do at different time (age) b) and in home how we need to educate or encourage them c) what type of activities we need to involve them so that ALL the required talents of IIT like conceptual / analytical thinking will get flourished in my child automatically. Sincerely - Sowmi (sowmi.narayanan@planetsoft.com)

Grade:

1 Answers

suryakanth AskiitiansExpert-IITB
105 Points
13 years ago

Dear Mr.Narayanan,

The first thing is aking them understand whatever they study and the second thing is making them visualize what they understand .Third step is making a habbit of applying what ever they learn.As children they get distracted very easily, so making them focused is an important issue.At younger age till 7th or 8 th let them play and learn different subjects.Make them do a lot of maths and show the intresting side of it and how fun it is to solve the tuff problems.Starting from 8th try to show the greatness of sceince and the creative outcomes of it.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Suryakanth –IITB

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free