SIR DROPPING A YEAR AFTER X(2010) i.e 2011 and appering for BOARDS ++ IIT IN 2013 ALSO CLICKING IIT.. THEN I WILL B CONSIDERED A DROPPER R A FRESHER YOU MAY CONSULT OFFICIALS OF IIT'S FOR THE SAME THANK YOU, SANDEEP

SIR

DROPPING A YEAR AFTER X(2010)   i.e  2011 and appering for BOARDS ++ IIT IN 2013 ALSO CLICKING IIT..   THEN I WILL B CONSIDERED A DROPPER R A FRESHER

YOU MAY CONSULT OFFICIALS OF IIT'S FOR THE SAME

THANK YOU,

SANDEEP 

Grade:

1 Answers

AKASH GOYAL AskiitiansExpert-IITD
420 Points
13 years ago

Dear Sandeep

No you wont be called as a dropper. because drops are based on your passing year of qualifying examination and that is 12th.

But I will Strongly suggest you to don't drop a year after 10th. It will be of less use. dropping a year is more useful after 12th in case you are not able to make it to IITs with 12th.

The reason is if you drop year after 12th at that time your syllabus is almost completed. you dont have to worry about the school and board exams so you can concentrate more on your IIT JEE preparation.

now if you drop a year after 10th then you have to give JEE with 12th and you will be under pressure for boards also.

And one very important thing is that pattern of JEE may be changed. it may be based on 12th also. so you should also keep this in mind.

All the best.                                                           

AKASH GOYAL

AskiitiansExpert-IITD

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free