sir is it possible to join coaching for ias prep. from the very first year of my btech? my branch is textile technology in iit delhi, supposed to be comparatively easy. will i be having sufficient time to do my btech and coaching simultaneously? plz achche se samjha dijiye?

sir

is it possible to join coaching for ias prep. from the very first year of my btech?

my branch is textile technology in iit delhi, supposed to be comparatively easy.

will i be having sufficient time to do my btech and coaching simultaneously?

plz achche se samjha dijiye?

Grade:12

2 Answers

Pratham Ashish
17 Points
14 years ago
hi prashant, first of all congratatlations for cracking jee n getting into iit delhi as it is d top engg coll according to india today .......... Regarding ur ias preparation , i wud suggest u dat best time for preparation is from d 1st year end as u will get 3 months free time which can be utilised properly for dis purpose n der is n't any need of 4 year programmes . u can prepare 1 subject in 6-8 months wid d help of any coaching n regarding ur query abt gud coaching, i wud suggest u dat first of all u select ur subjects n den u can easily find coaching of dat subject n also iit delhi has a rich tradition for ias , so u will get gr8 fudas from ur seniors der...so atleast choose ur subject of interest before going der...
AskiitiansExpert Rohan
8 Points
14 years ago

Textile coaching is not a bad branch at all at IIT Delhi...

Yeah well, for your answer weather u CAN prepare for IAS allong with your B>Tech from the very first year..

The answer is YES.. There are number of coachings that provide coaching facilities to IIT Delhi students near IIT d at places like Kaalu sarai, Jia sarai, etc.. So there are numerous coaching centres.. To tell you very truly this was my major reason as why i chose IIT d as my college. No other IIT is blessed with these facilities...

SO congrates U can...

As far as your branch's easyness is concerned.. No it is NOT atleast not in the first year.. Listen, The first Semester when you come here will be consumed in just understanding to be a part of college and of hostel.. Really you will have to do what your seniors tell ou to. So dont even think about joing in the first sem.

As far as the second sem is concerned, let me tell you the second sem of Textile tech and cilvil at IIT d is the considered the toughest..

The third semester onwards, that is when I will suggest you to join these coachings... In addition you will begin to understand a new whole life..

So thats when I'll suggest you to join some coaching.... Waise bhi  Why so serious abt IAS now only.. Pehle dekh toh lo if u can hadle it after you come to IIT..

Do not take academics of IIT Delhi as one of the easiest. Thats what most of the students who come here have an illusion.. Its not that.. IIT Delhi system of academics is just second to IIT kanpur in terms of it being toughest..

So BEST OF LUCK and we hope for a pleasant stay at IIT Delhi...

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free