Hi im an IIT aspirant.. I wish to pursue Aerospace engineering at IIST if not IIT... I have visited the website but need some info regarding ratio of no. of applicants to no. of seats, cutoff in 2010, level of the paper and books.. I have heard the papers are tough and seeing the 2010 paper im not supprised... Also I have a lot of portion to complete thus which chapts should i stress on given the short time.. Im very keen on this institute and branch of engineering so please help me out on this.. Thank you

Hi im an IIT aspirant.. I wish to pursue Aerospace engineering at IIST if not IIT... I have visited the website but need some info regarding ratio of no. of applicants to no. of seats, cutoff in 2010, level of the paper and books.. I have heard the papers are tough and seeing the 2010 paper im not supprised... Also I have a lot of portion to complete thus which chapts should i stress on given the short time.. Im very keen on this institute and branch of engineering so please help me out on this.. Thank you

Grade:12

2 Answers

vyshnavi bikumalla
16 Points
13 years ago

hey.....evn i hav d same dbt......n same prb as u hav....evn i cud solve out almost 98% of 2010 iit jee que paper....pls do snd me d answers u gt 4 ua que plzz....

AJIT AskiitiansExpert-IITD
68 Points
13 years ago

Dear  varun ,

IIST Admission Test (ISAT-2011) – Brief  Information

Admissions to the undergraduate programmes (B.Tech.) at IIST for the year 2011 will be made through an All India Admission Test (ISAT-2011). A brief information about ISAT – 2011 is given below. More detailed information will be available at the ISAT-2011 website from 8th November 2010.

B.Tech. Programmes

1. B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering: It is similar to programmes of the same title available in many reputed Institutions in India and abroad. The programme in IIST is oriented towards the needs of space technology, and has significant overlap with Mechanical Engineering including Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Science and Space Dynamics. People with B.Tech. degree in Aerospace Engineering can further specialize in Flight Mechanics, Aerodynamics, Thermal and Propulsion, Structure and Design, and Manufacturing Science………….

2. B.Tech. in Avionics: The programme covers what is typically covered in Electronics and Communications programmes and in addition, provides exposure to Advanced Electronics in digital and communication, control systems and computer systems used in aerospace systems. People with B.Tech. degree in Avionics can later specialize in areas like DSP, RF & Communication, Antenna, Power Electronics, Micro Electronics, Control System etc……

3. B.Tech. in Physical Sciences: This programme is oriented towards application of basic sciences in Space Science, Space Technology and Space Application. The programme lays a strong foundation in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and gives exposure to important applications of space technology such as Remote Sensing and GIS, Astronomy and Astrophysics, and Earth System Sciences. People with B.Tech. degree in Physical Science can later specialize in areas like Atmospheric and Ocean sciences, Solid Earth Science, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Remote Sensing & GIS, and Chemical Systems. The curriculum will have the best blend of basic science and engineering…………

Intake

The total number of seats for the undergraduate programmes in IIST for the year 2011 is 156. The branch-wise distribution of seats is as follows:

B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering: 59 seats

B.Tech. in Avionics: 58 seats

B.Tech. in Physical Sciences: 39 seats

Schedule of ISAT-2011

The examination will be held on Saturday, 16th April, 2011 between 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM (IST)
(The schedule will remain unaltered even if the above date is declared a public holiday).

Type of Examination

The question paper will be of objective type and will consist of three separate sections on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The detailed syllabi based on which ISAT-2011 will be conducted, for the three subjects, namely, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics will be included in the ISAT – 2011 Brochure which will be available in ISAT-2011 webpage from 8th November, 2010.

How to Apply

Candidates can apply on-line only. The online application form will be available from 10:00 AM on 8th November 2010 to 11:30 PM on 31st December 2010 at the IIST website. Candidates will be guided at this stage about how to complete the application process, remit examination fee etc.

Cities / Towns of ISAT-2011 Centres

ISAT-2011 is planned to be conducted in the following twenty three cities of India:

Thiruvananthapuram Calicut Chennai Chandigarh

Hyderabad

Bangalore Bhubaneswar Mumbai Nagpur Ahmedabad
Jaipur Jodhpur Bhopal Delhi

Port Blair

Dehradun Lucknow Varanasi Patna
Kolkata Dispur Vishakapatnam Ranchi

Examination Fee

Student desirous of taking entrance test ISAT-2011 shall have to pay examination fee as under:

GEN/OBC male candidates: Rs.600

SC/ST/PD and all female candidates: Rs.300

ELIGIBILITY FOR ISAT-2011

Candidates must make sure that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions given below for appearing in ISAT-2011:

1. Citizenship

Only Indian citizens are eligible to write ISAT-2011.

2. Date of Birth

The date of birth of candidates belonging to GEN, OBC categories should be on or after October 1, 1986, while the date of birth of those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories should be on or after October 1, 1981.

(The date of birth as recorded in the high school/first Board/ Pre-University certificate/or its equivalent will be accepted).

3. Year of passing Qualifying Examination (QE)

A candidate must have passed the 10 + 2 or equivalent examination in the first appearance with an aggregate of 70% marks in physics ,chemistry and Mathematics(60% in the case of SC/ST/PD candidates) in the calendar year 2010 or 2011. Candidates who passed the QE earlier than 1st January 2010 are not eligible to apply. Those who are expecting the results later than July1, 2011 are not eligible to apply.

4. Minimum Percentage of Marks in Class X or equivalent examination.

Candidates belonging to GEN and OBC categories must secure at least 70% marks in aggregate in their Class X or equivalent examination, while, those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their Class X or equivalent examination.

5. Minimum Percentage of Marks in 10 + 2 or equivalent examination

Candidates belonging to GEN and OBC categories must secure at least 70% marks in the aggregate in their Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) papers in their QE, while, those belonging to SC,ST and PD categories must secure at least 60% marks in the aggregate in their PCM papers in their QE.

6. RESERVATION OF SEATS

As per Government of India rules candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria. These categories are:

* Scheduled Castes (SC)

* Scheduled Tribes (ST)

* Other Backward Castes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)

* Physically Disabled (PD) candidates.

For further details call: 0471-2568477 / 2568478 / 2568479

Fax : 0471-2568480

Email : isat2011@iist.ac.in

Regarding the paper just clear your concepts , IIST is a good institute but I guess IIT's are much much better owing to their brand value .and the paper is not tough it just requires strongness in all three subjects . so prepare hard because it is the most important period of your life undoubtedly. best of luck .

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Ajit Singh Verma IITD

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free