guys, as JEE is few months away,i am getting tensed.i am not happy with my preparation.But i have started now (having knowledge of calculus and physics class 12). i have very very low confidence as i am not up to mark with my prep. i see people around me giving all india test series but i haven't started my prep in full swing. guys help me to overcome my low confidence and suggest some ways to study and all your tips and advice you would give to your brother i am using the following books and i wish to prepare till january for iit jee. the books are: phy: hc verma part 1& 2 chem: phy chem: p bahadur ; inorganic chem: ncert ; organic chem: ncert & op aggrawal( i find myself weak in org chem, plz advice me to study it effectively in last few months) maths: kc sinha( calculus,triga& algebra) + jp arya( coordinate geo& vector& 3d) i have all the basic knowledge of class 11 & 12. plz email your suggestions to : piyush11mishra@gmail.com

guys, as JEE is few months away,i am getting tensed.i am not happy with my preparation.But i have started now (having knowledge of calculus and physics class 12). i have very very low confidence as i am not up to mark with my prep. i see people around me giving all india test series but i haven't started my prep in full swing.

guys help me to overcome my low confidence and suggest some ways to study and all your tips and advice you would give to your brother

i am using the following books and i wish to prepare till january for iit jee. the books are:

phy: hc verma part 1& 2

chem: phy chem: p bahadur  ; inorganic chem: ncert ; organic chem: ncert & op aggrawal( i find myself weak in org chem, plz advice me to study it effectively in last few months)

maths: kc sinha( calculus,triga& algebra) + jp arya( coordinate geo& vector& 3d)

i have all the basic knowledge of class 11 & 12.

plz email your suggestions to : piyush11mishra@gmail.com

Grade:12

5 Answers

AKASH GOYAL AskiitiansExpert-IITD
420 Points
13 years ago

Dear Piyush

Don't loose hope as 5 month is enough time to crack JEE with good rank. You need to speedup your study but don't miss conceptual part. Start PCM simultaneously. Don't waste your time in confusion just start doing the things and devote as much time as you can in studies.and give emphasis on the revision. revision is very important. I have seen many students who have cracked JEE with this much time preparation. Just be consistent with your studies. From now onwards manage your time properly and dont waste it. and one important thing give more emphasis on Quality rather Quantity i.e do one book for each subject but understand the concepts properly and give time for revision. as far as test series is concerned, it doesnt matter to much. your main aim is to score good in JEE. Scoring good in test series doesnt guarantee good rank in JEE.

All the best.

AKASH GOYAL

AskiitiansExpert-IITD

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

suryakanth AskiitiansExpert-IITB
105 Points
13 years ago

Dear piyush,

IIT JEE preparation is not like going to military camp(coaching centers) and fighting with the JEE paper.The main intension of any preparation is to get you ready for the exam.For IIT JEE you need only basics,you should be very strong at your basics.As you saying you are strong at basics of 11 &12 th, this is what is required.If you are very good at basics i suggest you start solving Previous year IIT JEE papers, this way you can test your basics .If you are good go ahead and take all india test series or any test series(Giving a test series helps in knowing how well you can perform under a pressure situation).If you feel you are not good at your basics, go through the books.The books you are studying are more than enough tohave strong conceptual knowledge.you have 5 months time and you can cover the syllabus(because you already read them all once).So, in short start solving previous year question papers.Coming to organic , i suggest you read WADE, it is lengthy and time taking but it explains everything in detail and very helpful.Give some more time for organic , becuase organic is important.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Suryakanth –IITB

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert
357 Points
13 years ago

Dear Piyush,

First of all don't loose your confidence, study hard and make the best use of this time .

For the preparation, the important thing is clear and enhance your concepts .. jus keep this thing in mind that building concepts and practicing a lot is damn important for IIT preparation..
Always start from BASICS because "without base, there will be no altitude…  Never prefer solutions of questions before doing SELF-ATTEMPT at least five times till you get the right answer because "without fall you can not stand at once". 

Study without loosing the concentration coz studying 2 hours with very good concentration is equals to studying 5-12 hours without any concentration. .  and  have a confidence in yourself.  

All the best.

357 Points
13 years ago

Dear Piyush

please dont ask your question more than once

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

357 Points
13 years ago

Dear Piyush,

please dont ask your question more than once

All the best.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free