sir,is there any preference for iitians for get admission into IIMs...if i do my b tech from jadavpur engineering ollege,west bengal...will be there any problem for me to get into iims by cat???

sir,is there any preference for iitians for get admission into IIMs...if i do my b tech from jadavpur engineering ollege,west bengal...will be there any problem for me to get into iims by cat???

Grade:12

1 Answers

AKASH GOYAL AskiitiansExpert-IITD
420 Points
13 years ago

Dear Abhishek

the first thing is to give CAT. If you qualify CAT then different IIMs call you for the next round of selection that includes interview, GD etc. Each IIM has its own criteria of selection. there will be weightage for 10th, 12th and graduation marks also.

Being from IIT may impress the interviewers but your academic should also be excellent. so concentrate on your studies for getting good marks in the graduation then you will have edge over other candidates.

All the best

AKASH GOYAL
AskiitiansExpert-IITD

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free