SIR I HAVE BEEN ALLOTED BIOTECH. (4YEAR B.TECH) AT IIT ROORKEE . IS IT GOOD ENOUGH FOR A SALARY PACKAGE AROUND 10-15 LAKHS ? OR SHOULD I GO FOR NIT WARANGAL, SURATHKAL , TRICHY OR BIT MESRA WHERE I EXPECT TO GET COMPUTER SCIENCE OR ELECTRONICS OR MECHANICAL (I MEAN TOP BRANCHES)... SIR PLZ HELP I AM CONFUSED..... EMAIL : hariprakashnuniwal@yahoo.com THANKS.

SIR

I HAVE BEEN ALLOTED BIOTECH. (4YEAR B.TECH) AT IIT ROORKEE . IS IT GOOD ENOUGH FOR A SALARY PACKAGE AROUND 10-15 LAKHS ?

OR SHOULD I GO FOR NIT WARANGAL, SURATHKAL , TRICHY OR BIT MESRA WHERE I EXPECT TO GET COMPUTER SCIENCE OR ELECTRONICS OR MECHANICAL (I MEAN TOP BRANCHES)...

SIR PLZ HELP I AM CONFUSED.....

EMAIL : hariprakashnuniwal@yahoo.com

THANKS.

Grade:12

1 Answers

AskiitiansExpert Milanshu
9 Points
14 years ago

biotechnology is the research-oriented science. It will be more helpful for you if you are thinking about going for higher education after doing your B.Tech. you should go for Bio tech only if you are planning to do the masters and doctorate from US .

The scope of biotech is mainly outside india, although now a days there is good demand of biotech and in future, after 4-5 years, definitly there is a large demand for biotech enggs.

In present time you can expect a salary of 6-7 lakhs per annum as a biotech engg but it will go up if you go for higher education

Computer engg is a good option either from NIt trichy or warangal, both are the good colleges. in present time it is a good option if you take this branch . And definitly this branch provide you a good salary pakage as per your expectations. you you can get high salary job in this branch in many companies like Yahoo, Nvdia, cadence, microsoft etc

Electricals is also a good branch you can also think about this if you dont have much interest in computers. you can get high salary job in this branch in many companies like ABB, Areva, schneider, seimens etc. But try to give first priorty to computer engg.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free