SIR I HAVE BEEN SELECTED IN BIOTECHNOLOGY FOR 4 YEAR B.TECH PROGRAMME AT IIT - ROORKEE. WHAT ARE THE FUTURE PROSPECTS OF BIOTECH. AT GRADUATE LEVEL ? WHAT ARE THE AVG. SALARY PACKAGES FOR BIOTECH. FROM IIT ? DURING 2ND COUNSELLING OR AFTER 1ST YEAR, SHOULD I GO FOR BRANCH CHANGE ? SIR PLEASE ANSWER MY QUERY....... EMAIL : hariprakashnuniwal@yahoo.com THANKS

SIR 

I HAVE BEEN SELECTED IN BIOTECHNOLOGY FOR 4 YEAR B.TECH PROGRAMME AT IIT - ROORKEE. WHAT ARE THE FUTURE PROSPECTS OF BIOTECH. AT GRADUATE LEVEL ?

WHAT ARE THE AVG. SALARY PACKAGES FOR BIOTECH. FROM IIT ?

DURING 2ND COUNSELLING OR AFTER 1ST YEAR, SHOULD I GO FOR BRANCH CHANGE ?

SIR PLEASE ANSWER MY QUERY.......

EMAIL : hariprakashnuniwal@yahoo.com

THANKS

Grade:12

2 Answers

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

Biotechnology is the research-oriented science including a fusion of biology and technology. This study includes a large variety of subjects including Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology, Chemistry, Virology, Immunology and Engineering. It is associated with other subjects such as Health and Medicine, Cropping System and Crop Management, Agriculture and Animal Husbandry, Soil Science and Soil Conservation, Ecology, Bio-statistics, Cell Biology, Seed Technology, Plant Physiology etc. Biotechnology features the use of living cells and bacteria in the industrial process. Biotechnology can be applied in developing various vaccines, medicines and diagnostics, improving energy production and conservation and increasing productivity. There is a great scope for career in biotechnology in India as well as abroad. Career in Biotechnology offers various employment opportunities in research, marketing and production in the fields like medicine and healthcare, animal husbandry, agriculture and environment industry.

Some of major organizations in India offering good career in Biotechnology include Thapar Group, Hindustan Lever Ltd, Bivcol, India Vaccines Corporation, Indo-American Hybrid seeds, IDPL, Biocon India Ltd, National Botanical Institute, Tata Engineering Research Institute, Hindustan Antibiotics and National Chemical Laboratories.

you should go for Bio tech only if you are planning to do the masters and doctorate from US . In india just doing Bio tech MSC will get you a teaching job or a job in some pharma company but none of the indian pharma companies have bio tech Research facility. only if you mange to do you Post graduation and doctorate from Indian institute of science bangalore or Tata institute of fundamental Research you can expect a great career.

Although one can say , biotech has surely developed in india but still , its not enough and there is still a tremendous development that needs to take place. In india,  from IIts the average package for biotech is around 7-8 lakhs . But with future boom, this should surely rise.

suchi smita
18 Points
13 years ago

sir

i m suchismita muduli,i m a biotechnology student,i am complited my Bsc biotechnology under utkal university now i was  joined in msc biotechnology in kiit......... and i wan to do ph.d  in genetic engi field so sir i requeisted to givew me solution to do .............

suchismita muduli

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free