sir please reply as it is concerned about my future. i qualified to iit eml this year and as per my aieee rank i can get into nit-d nit-j nit-r etc.. but i want to opt out of nit only to prepare for iit-jee next year. looking at the negative side even if i can't make it to iit next year , yet i can have a good rank in aieee to to opt for nits again. my Q is tht is it safe to take this risk? and 4 yrs down d lane do repeaters get equal placement status compared to freshers?

sir please reply as it is concerned about my future. i qualified to iit eml this year and as per my aieee rank i can get into nit-d nit-j nit-r etc.. but i want to opt out of nit only to prepare for iit-jee next year. looking at the negative side even if i can't make it to iit next year , yet i can have a good rank in aieee to to opt for nits again. my Q is tht is it safe to take this risk? and 4 yrs down d lane do repeaters get equal placement status compared to freshers?

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi Bitan

Take out this myth from your mind that whether the repeaters or freshers are treated the same or not. 4 yrs down the lane, nobody wud be interested whether u r a repeater or a fresher. companies coming to recruit you for jobs do not ask such questions. its entirely your academic performance and a balanced cv that gives you an edge over other students. You'll surely get the equal palacement status as any other fresher.

But considering your dropping an year and preparing for JEE, its entirely upon your commitment and the effort you put in during the year. i have seen my friends who have dropped but cudn't make it, n i have seen who made it. its entirely your own mind set .  If u r so eager to enter IITs , then surely give it a try. If u r really willing to focus and work hard , for the coming year go for the IITs.

If u still dun want to take the risk, NITs are nt a bad options too. NIT trichy, warangal, surathkal , calicut are gud institutions. Its entirely your choice, what u want in your future.

best of luck.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free