Hell again. Just got the results of IIT seat allocation. Nothing has been allopcated. I am not sure of IIST with rank 7118. Should I drop a year and attempt the next JEE or should I join Computer science at NIT Calicut. NIT Surathkal offers CIvil. Which is better, Comp Sc at NIT Calicut or CIvil, SUrathkal. Thanks.

Hell again. Just got the results of IIT seat allocation. Nothing has been allopcated. I am not sure of IIST with rank 7118. Should I drop a year and attempt the next JEE or should I join Computer science at NIT Calicut. NIT Surathkal offers CIvil. Which is better, Comp Sc at NIT Calicut or CIvil, SUrathkal. Thanks.

Grade:12

1 Answers

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi Ramakrishnan

NIt Surathkal is above in the preference than NIT Calicut, but considering the branches , cs in NIT Calicut is a better option than civil in surathkal. well, its entirely on you which branch interests you the most, computer science or civil. If u consider the placement data then NIT Calicut computer Science has done good. around 5.8 lakhs annum salary at the time of recession is a good job.www.nitc.ac.in/nitc/TandP/index.htm

Even the IITs have also managed to get only about 6-7 lakhs as the average overall packages for all the departments cumulative this year. Computer science is always a better choice over civil engg. Training and placement site for the NIT Surathkal is not accessible, else i wud have given you the link.

Both NIT Surathkal and Calicut are finely established engg colleges with a good repo. Its entirely your choice of branch that you should focus upon. if you want to compare the opening and closing ranks for the various NIT's u can use the linkwww.askiitians.com/aieee-counselling/aieee-engineering-counsellings.aspx

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free