Sir, I ,Mohita Singh , am presently doing MBBS from Jammu University and have completed 3years in MBBS. I have great interest in astrophysics but could not do so due to parental pressure.I scored 95 marks in physics and 99 marks in maths in 12th class {2007}] and was selected in TIFR in 2007.If I leave MBBS know , do I have any scope for persuaing course in astrophysics as I realise my great interest in astrophysics. .

Sir, I ,Mohita Singh , am presently doing MBBS from Jammu University and have completed 3years in MBBS. I have great interest in astrophysics but could not do so due to parental pressure.I scored 95 marks in physics and 99 marks in maths in 12th class
{2007}] and was selected in TIFR in 2007.If I leave MBBS know , do I have any scope for persuaing course in astrophysics as I realise my great interest in astrophysics.

Grade:

1 Answers

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert
357 Points
13 years ago

Dear Mohita, 

Thats a very difficult situation i can understand .. as you already have completed the three years in MBBS..  

But what i think is that its not too late .. Astrophysics has a great future and more imprtant is that its your interest .. and  your complete life depends on this decision .. so decide wisely and go with your interest.

There are several institutes in India which offer you to pursue a career in astronomy. Below is the list of institutes. You may visit these websites for more information.
Indian Institute of Astrophysics, (Bangalore)
Indian Institute of Science, (Bangalore)
Raman Research Institute, (Bangalore)
Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, (Pune)
National Centre for Radio Astronomy Most of these institutes offer opportunities to the aspiring candidates based on a joint entrance test followed by an interview.The minimum qualification required for appearing for the entrance exam is a
Master's degree in Physics. Some of these institutes accomodate engineering graduates as well.  

All the very best for your future.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.  If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Regards

Vijay Luxmi

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free