can u gice me some information about the IIT- B.Arch entrance exams ? what kind of questions are asked ? what preparation should be done before hand? where can i find previous years b.arch question papers ? are the tests for b.arch and other courses are on the same day ? please let me know of my doubts as i m very confused?

can u gice me some information about the IIT- B.Arch entrance exams ?

what kind of questions are asked ? what preparation should be done before hand? where can i find previous years b.arch question papers ? are the tests for b.arch and other courses are on the same day ?

please let me know of my doubts as i m very confused?

Grade:

1 Answers

SAGAR SINGH - IIT DELHI
878 Points
13 years ago

Dear bhavneet,

Things which can be asked are:

Part I

Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials.) Objects, Texture related to Architecture and build~ environment. Visualising three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings. Visualising. different sides of three dimensional objects. Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal).

Part II

Three dimensional - perception: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, colour texture, harmony and contrast. Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil. Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, substraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, elevations and 3 D views of objects. Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.

Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urbanscape (public space, market, festivals, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces etc.), landscape (river fronts, jungles. gardens, trees, plants etc.) and rural life.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free