hello sir... i have got a rank of 5602 in IIT JEE..I want to ask you how is the Economics (MSc.) stream in IIT Kanpur or IIT Kharagpur.. I read about the scope of the stream in the counselling brochure and found it quite interesting..but what about facilities and placement? Also I have a score of 343 in BITSAT..so should I opt for BITS?

hello sir... i have got a rank of 5602 in IIT JEE..I want to ask you how is the Economics (MSc.) stream in IIT Kanpur or IIT Kharagpur.. I read about the scope of the stream in the counselling brochure and found it quite interesting..but what about facilities and placement?

Also I have a score of 343 in BITSAT..so should I opt for BITS?

Grade:Upto college level

2 Answers

ashish kumar
17 Points
14 years ago

Dear Depanjan,

Ya, its a very good branch and has a very well future if you do well and also open your gateway to MBA but one shouldnot go to opt for things just by reading about it in counselling brochure as after reading the whole brochure you will feel to opt for everything.

Also you do have a very good marks in BITSAT and at this rank you are most probable to get Comp. Sc at Pilani which will be a far better option to opt for as compared to the former.

Refer to the last year cutoff of BITSAT : -

www.askiitians.com/Engineering-Exams/BITSAT/BITSAT-Cutoffs

Thank you.

Sukhendra Reddy Rompally B.Tech Mining Machinery Engg, ISM Dhanbad
93 Points
13 years ago

congrats for ur performance

Its definite that u have a good scope at BITS,u get better placements and also an engg degree

my vote for BITS unless u r quite interested in M.Sc Eco

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free