Hello IIT-ians My name is Rakesh Narang, a class 12 student in Delhi, I have little dilemma about my career, since my school has no counselling services i want to ask the pros. When i was in class 10, i loved science, i mean these things interested me, i loved to study about the inventions and discoveries, in class 11 i took science because i thought it'd be interesting to study that, in 11 i didn't took any tutions and scored just 55% which was 25% less than what i got in class 10. I didn't took any coaching because because i weighed more than 125KGs, i joined gym and brought the figure to 105KGs in 10 months, after that i studied for Class 11 and passed my exams. I was interested in science but mathematics doesn't interest me, i don't get the feeling of being the best, there is nothing for me in numbers, this is what i think, i love the new innovations, like the latest amendment in Kirchoff's law. Could you guys please tell me whether i should focus on IIT-JEE or go for something else. My brother is an IIT-ian, ISM - D -- so there's family pressure as well. Hope to hear from you soon, please mail me at narang_rakesh@in.com

Hello IIT-ians

My name is Rakesh Narang, a class 12 student in Delhi, I have little dilemma about my career, since my school has no counselling services i want to ask the pros.

When i was in class 10, i loved science, i mean these things interested me, i loved to study about the inventions and discoveries, in class 11 i took science because i thought it'd be interesting to study that, in 11 i didn't took any tutions and scored just 55% which was 25% less than what i got in class 10.

I didn't took any coaching because because i weighed more than 125KGs, i joined gym and brought the figure to 105KGs in 10 months, after that i studied for Class 11 and passed my exams.

I was interested in science but mathematics doesn't interest me, i don't get the feeling of being the best, there is nothing for me in numbers, this is what i think, i love the new innovations, like the latest amendment in Kirchoff's law.

Could you guys please tell me whether i should focus on IIT-JEE or go for something else.

My brother is an IIT-ian, ISM - D -- so there's family pressure as well. 

Hope to hear from you soon, please mail me at narang_rakesh@in.com

Grade:

2 Answers

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert
357 Points
13 years ago

Dear Rakesh,

You are saying that you are interested in science but not in maths .. but maths is subject which helps in making base in all the fields .. So you shud study maths with interest.. And now abt your carreer , there are many branches like Msc in physics from iit which you can choose according to your interest.  You seems reasearch oriented  .. so there is nothing to worry .. first you study well in board exams and Prepare for IIT..  there are many fields are there today that will help you to reach to your goal. 

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Regards

Vijay Luxmi

ramesh g
41 Points
13 years ago

Dear Rakesh,

Engineering is not the final word for study. In furure the core sujects like Chemistry , Physics , Mathematics and Biology will gain importance in the field of sceitific reaserch. So try hard to pick up basics in any science sujects and you can try IISCR for MS in these. You can also get scholorship if you qualify for KVPY conducted by IISc.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free