Dear IITian, I am a 2006 B.Tech (ECE) passed out and had been working since then in a software concern as a 'SQA'[Software Quality Analyst] in "Semi Conductor" Domain. My work would be to test and validate the application that controls the real Ion Implanter Tool. My current Pay: 4.7Lakh/Annum. I would like to pursue my M.Tech [Electronics/Networking] in IIT by attempting Gate 2011. I have got AIR 200 in Gate 2006; but unfortunately i was unable to take up my M.tech then due to personal problems. Now I have the following questions poking my mind: 1. Would i be financially worthier after 2 years of M.Tech? 2. Will the companies consider my corporate work experience in deciding my package? 3. Would i be getting Better work, compared to my current one? 4. Could that be possible for me to enter core companies like Samsung...with the work experience i have [without doing M.Tech] and learning some specific skills? Please help me get rid of all my confusions and move ahead in right path. Waiting for your valuable reply... Thanks a lot. Warm Regards, Sai.

Dear IITian,
I am a 2006 B.Tech (ECE) passed out and had been working since then in a software concern as a 'SQA'[Software Quality Analyst] in "Semi Conductor" Domain. My work would be to test and validate the application that controls the real Ion Implanter Tool. My current Pay: 4.7Lakh/Annum. I would like to pursue my M.Tech [Electronics/Networking] in IIT by attempting Gate 2011. I have got AIR 200 in Gate 2006; but unfortunately i was unable to take up my M.tech then due to personal problems. Now I have the following questions poking my mind:
1. Would i be financially worthier after 2
years of M.Tech?
2. Will the companies consider my corporate work experience in deciding my package?
3. Would i be getting Better work, compared to my current one?
4. Could that be possible for me to enter core companies like Samsung...with the work experience i have [without doing M.Tech] and learning some specific skills?
Please help me get rid of all my confusions and move ahead in right path.
Waiting for your valuable reply...

Thanks a lot.
Warm Regards,
Sai.

Grade:Upto college level

2 Answers

Ramesh V
70 Points
13 years ago

Dear Sai,

Your question is very interesting. As your junior, I am just giving my suggestions here in this forum.

With your work experience of 4 years, I sggest you to go for some private firms in your choosen field whihc will definitely pay in abt 6-10 laks p.a.

Getiing into IIT through GATE doesnt help much as generallly from my experience I didnot see working professionals of 4 yr experience coming and studying 2 yr M tech. Instead go For MBA in a reputed college .

here in IITs, wat i have seen are comapnies paying in amounts of 6 lakhs p.a. They may conider your work experience but very less chance.

i suggest to learn skills and apply throgh comapnies career websites.

all the best

--

regards

Ramesh

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

sai kiran
14 Points
13 years ago

Dear Ramesh,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I got your point.

Thanks for your time.

Have a Nice Day!  Smile

Warm Regards,

Sai.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free