Hello, I got 2100 IIT Rank. Please help me in deciding the college and branch. I am interested in old IIT's and mathematical related branches. As I can't get into computer related branches, my next preference is mechanical side branches. At IIT Kharagpur, seems i can get CIVIL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) MANUFACTURING SCIENCE & ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) MATHEMATICS & COMPUTING (M.Sc. Integrated 5 Yr) I am not that much interested in Civil. Please help me in the remaining 3, which will be good from the carrear point. I am open for Kanpur, Madras, Bombay, Delhi and Roorkee colleges too. Please suggest me what will be best for me. Thank You.

Hello,

I got 2100 IIT Rank. Please help me in deciding the college and branch. I am interested in old IIT's and mathematical related branches. As I can't get into computer related branches, my next preference is mechanical side branches.

At IIT Kharagpur, seems i can get

CIVIL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr)

INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr)

MANUFACTURING SCIENCE & ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr)

MATHEMATICS & COMPUTING (M.Sc. Integrated 5 Yr)

I am not that much interested in Civil. Please help me in the remaining 3, which will be good from the carrear point. 

I  am open for Kanpur, Madras, Bombay, Delhi and Roorkee colleges  too.

Please suggest me what will be best for me.

Thank You.

Grade:12

1 Answers

ashish kumar
17 Points
14 years ago

Dear Aman,

As per your interest Mathematics and Computing will be thebest option to opt for but as it is M.Sc. i wont prefer it that much.

See at this stage you are at all not aware of the fact that what is being taught in different streams . So you shouldnot neglect Civil as it has got a lot of future aspects. Regarding Industrial Engineering and Manufacturing Science are not a better option than the previos two.

You can either opt for Civil at delhi. bombay or kanpur or MCA at Kharagpur as the MCA is a tuff branch and you really need to work hard.

No doubt MCA would be the best option among these you can opt for that

Thank you.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free