Sir, my rank in jee2009 is 452 and i want to prepare for IAS so i choose for IIT Delhi . But i want to ask that whether i can get electrical engeneering or not? i definitely can get Mech. but not able to decide whether i can do it with interest or not . Also can Mech. branch give me a good package in future if i neglect the IAS option? Also which is better for my rank - Electrical or Mech.?

Sir,

my rank in jee2009 is 452 and i want to prepare for IAS so i choose for IIT Delhi . But i want to ask that whether i can get electrical engeneering or not? i definitely can get Mech. but not able to decide whether i can do it with interest or not . Also can Mech. branch give me a good package in future if i neglect the IAS option?

Also which is better for my rank - Electrical or Mech.?

Grade:12

1 Answers

ashish kumar
17 Points
14 years ago

Dear S G,

As not much of the seats have increased at IITs and also after the opening of new IITs there will be drastic changes in the cutoff of only low rank colleges like ISM Dhanbad or IT-BHU. all the remaing cutoff will remain almost the same. So you are most unlikely to get elec. at IIT Delhi.

The Mechanical department here is the best all over India. It has  quite a no. of clubs like formula 1, FSAE, Robocon related to it which looks after the interst of the students. If you want to go for High placement package you should Mathematics and Computing here ( another best ) which offers very high package to the students .

Hope you take the right decision.

Thank you.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free