I got AIR 3038 in JEE 2010.The choices I have in the old IIT's are biotechnology, material science and metallurgical engineering,biological sciences and bioengineering, civil engg and chemical science and technology in guwahati,marine and ocean engg. My parents say that it is necessary that I study in an old IIT as it would develop my personality. I got a score of 335 in BITSAT and an AIR of 2748 in AIEEE and got through most other exam. I don't seem to understand what will the course matter be so my idea was to take mechanical engg in BITS,pilani so that I can see what I like and specialize in future as mechanical engg is the broadest field. I like physics and organic chemistry because everything in these subjects has some logic and I can feel these subjects. Can you please advise me on what to choose-which field and which institute also telling me what kind of job I will do after graduation?

I got AIR 3038 in JEE 2010.The choices I have in the old IIT's are biotechnology, material science and metallurgical engineering,biological sciences and bioengineering, civil engg and chemical science and technology in guwahati,marine and ocean engg. My parents say that it is necessary that I study in an old IIT as it would develop my personality. I got a score of 335 in BITSAT and an AIR of 2748 in AIEEE and got through most other exam. I don't seem to understand what will the course matter be so my idea was to take mechanical engg in BITS,pilani so that I can see what I like and specialize in future as mechanical engg is the broadest field. I like physics and organic chemistry because everything in these subjects has some logic and I can feel these subjects. Can you please advise me on what to choose-which field and which institute also telling me what kind of job I will do after graduation? 

Grade:12

2 Answers

RAHUL ROHILLA
askIITians Faculty 873 Points
5 years ago
I hope the query is resolved
RAHUL ROHILLA
askIITians Faculty 873 Points
5 years ago
I hope the query is resolved

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION