Hi IITians, My cousin secured 1731 rank in IIT this year, 2010. He is interested in computers, mechanical,electrical or electronics. After cross checking with opening and closing ranks for year 2009, we came to know that he would not be getting a seat in any of the top 5 IITs. But in IIT hyderabad, he can get a computers seat. Below are the queries we have: We would like to know if it is a good idea to join IIT hyderabad as it is a new IIT. If you are from IIT hyderabad, please share your experiences..Please let us know for What good reasons should we choose IIT Hyderabad. Is it better to accept a seat in any branch from the top 5 IITs..? FYI..He is mostly interested in computers. But we do not know what benefits he would get if he chooses any other branch in any of the top 5 IITs. Generally students prefer a seat in the top 5 IITs irrespective of the branch they get. What could be the reason? We are confused in deciding where to take the admission.

Hi IITians,

My cousin secured 1731 rank in IIT this year, 2010.

He is interested in computers, mechanical,electrical or electronics.

After cross checking with opening and closing ranks for year 2009, we came to know that he would not be getting a seat in any of the top 5 IITs.

But in IIT hyderabad, he can get a computers seat.

Below are the queries we have:

1. We would like to know if it is a good idea to join IIT hyderabad as it is a new IIT.

2. If you are from IIT hyderabad, please share your experiences..Please let us know for What good reasons should we choose IIT Hyderabad.

3. Is it better to accept a seat in any branch from the top 5 IITs..?

FYI..He is mostly interested in computers. But we do not know what benefits he would get if he chooses any other branch in any of the top 5 IITs. Generally students prefer a seat in the top 5 IITs irrespective of the branch they get. What could be the reason?

We are confused in deciding where to take the admission.

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

RAHUL ROHILLA
askIITians Faculty 873 Points
5 years ago
I hope the query is resolved

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free