Sir, My AIR in IIT JEE 2010 is 8574. The declared no. of seats this year is 9509. As seen from the opening / closing ranks of iit jee 2009, the last admitted candidate was AIR 7178 in B.Arch at IIT Roorkee, although there were 8295 seats last year. What happened to the balance 1117 seats ? Were these 1117 candidates not interested to join IITs ? In this regard, can you please guide me in chosing the branch / institute during counselling ? Please guide me since I'm totally confused.

Sir,
My AIR in IIT JEE 2010 is 8574. The declared no. of seats this year is 9509.
As seen from the opening / closing ranks of iit jee 2009, the last admitted candidate was AIR 7178 in B.Arch at IIT Roorkee, although there were 8295 seats last year. What happened to the balance 1117 seats ? Were these 1117 candidates not interested to join IITs ? In this regard, can you please guide me in chosing the branch / institute during counselling ? Please guide me since I'm totally confused.

Grade:12

1 Answers

Prudhvi teja
83 Points
13 years ago

Dear Tuhina Chaterjee

Nope, it doesn't mean that they are not interested to join IITs.It means those candidates didnt get branch or college they opted.Even if you get AIR 1000 or any rank and if your options are not sufficient then you'll miss seat.That's you have to opt as many options you can. And if some people get good rank in other competitive exams like AIEEE or BITSAT and good branch they prefer to go to those colleges.That's why you see last rank as AIR 7178.

Coming to your rank 8574,I think you should consider opting 5yr Integrated Msc courses.Because Its alittle difficult to get engineering branches.But opt as many options you can.If you dont like to Msc Integrated courses or some branches,then you should consider looking at other colleges.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Prudhvi Teja

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free