at the moment i am doing physics - ncert, comprehensive, resnick halliday, h c verma, arihant, course material, irodov chemistry - ncert, pradeep, bruce h mahan, j d lee, morrison boyd, peter sykes, r c mukherjee, arihant, course material mathematics - ncert, s l looey, hall n knight, i a meron, arihant, course material. but as time is less, i am not being able to finish all these properly. so, plz suggest which books among these i should continue doing for good preparation and which not to do?

at the moment i am doing 

physics - ncert, comprehensive, resnick halliday, h c verma, arihant, course material, irodov

chemistry - ncert, pradeep, bruce h mahan, j d lee, morrison boyd, peter sykes, r c mukherjee, arihant, course material

mathematics - ncert, s l looey, hall n knight, i a meron, arihant, course material.

but as time is less, i am not being able to finish all these properly. so, plz suggest which books among these i should continue doing for good preparation and which not to do? 

Grade:12

1 Answers

AskiitiansExpert Abhinav Batra
25 Points
13 years ago

Dear Student

I believe you are overdoing things.IIT JEE is not about how many books you have solved for preparation.your preparation is determined by how well you have understood the subject.So it would be better if you could stick to one or two books and focus completely on grasping all the concepts from them rather than doing 10 books at a time.From the list given by you you can stick to the following books

Physics - NCERT ,resnick halliday ,hc verma(only if time permits otherwise resnick is enough for understanding the concepts)

Mathematics-ncert, sl loney,

chemistry - ncert, r cmukherjee,morrison boyd(or solomons would be better for oraganic)

Please never forget your NCERTS`s (especially physics and chemistry) A single line of NCERT says a thousand words.Try to understand each and every line of it.

All the best !

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free