My Diploma and B.tech is in Instrumentation engineering, M.tech degree in electronics and I am getting an opportunity to do Ph.D. in Biotechnology. After Ph.D. I would prefer the academic profession. I have a doubt, will I be eligible to apply for the instrumentation, electronics departments, or I have to continue in biotechnology only because my specialization is in biotech. Can it create trouble for me in the future?

My Diploma and  B.tech is in Instrumentation engineering,  M.tech degree in electronics and I am getting an opportunity to do Ph.D. in Biotechnology. After Ph.D. I would prefer the academic profession. I have a doubt, will I be eligible to apply for the instrumentation, electronics departments, or I have to continue in biotechnology only because my specialization is in biotech. Can it create trouble for me in the future?

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Anish Singhal
askIITians Faculty 1192 Points
5 years ago
Mainly it will depend on the projects in which you will work during phd and ofcourse in your diploma and mtech you have done projects related to your respective branch so dont worry you will have more scope in future.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free