Asking IITians value for money, time and outlook. Respected Sir/madam, I am a user of the askIITians Pendrive Learning. The product had been purchased by my father for my convenient learning from home and to gain more knowledge. From the time of purchase, the video lessons weren't useful. There was nil synchronization between the video and audio track. We had contacted the help desk numerous times to inquire about the same, but there was no effective or meaningful response. Eventually, the usage of the Pendrive faded due to its futility. Now, as my entrance exams were approaching, I was in need of question papers to practice from and I wished the Pendrive could be of use. I tried installing the same in my PC, but I could not activate the Program. I again reached the help desk for assistance and got to know that there had been some up-gradation in the software used and therefore the old activation key was outdated. The speaker on the phone promoted and tried to persuade me into buying a complete new set of Pendrive with updated software but same study materials. I originally purchased it for Rs.14,000+ and the speaker on the phone convinced me that he would give me 45% discount and could get me the materials at the rate of Rs.13,500/-. I only want to know if there is a way to activate the study materials I have already bought, not to buy a whole new one. I'm totally disappointed and disgraced at how education is being sold in India. There was no intimation or information given me to about the up-gradation of software until I inquired about it, whilst I am a paid user of the materials given by the foundation. The device is now totally unusable,when at the time of purchase, it was told it can be used for a lifetime. Is the askIITians foundation run by Science graduates or Business graduates? Is it to serve or to just earn? More Regrets than Regards, Harini A

Asking IITians value for money, time and outlook.
Respected Sir/madam,

I am a user of the askIITians Pendrive Learning. The product had been purchased by my father for my convenient learning from home and to gain more knowledge. From the time of purchase, the video lessons weren't useful. There was nil synchronization between the video and audio track. We had contacted the help desk numerous times to inquire about the same, but there was no effective or meaningful response. Eventually, the usage of the Pendrive faded due to its futility. Now, as my entrance exams were approaching, I was in need of question papers to practice from and I wished the Pendrive could be of use. I tried installing the same in my PC, but I could not activate the Program. I again reached the help desk for assistance and got to know that there had been some up-gradation in the software used and therefore the old activation key was outdated. The speaker on the phone promoted and tried to persuade me into buying a complete new set of Pendrive with updated software but same study materials. I originally purchased it for Rs.14,000+ and the speaker on the phone convinced me that he would give me 45% discount and could get me the materials at the rate of Rs.13,500/-. I only want to know if there is a way to activate the study materials I have already bought, not to buy a whole new one. I'm totally disappointed and disgraced at how education is being sold in India. There was no intimation or information given me to about the up-gradation of software until I inquired about it, whilst I am a paid user of the materials given by the foundation. The device is now totally unusable,when at the time of purchase, it was told it can be used for a lifetime. Is the askIITians foundation run by Science graduates or Business graduates? Is it to serve or to just earn?

More Regrets than Regards,
Harini A

Grade:12

1 Answers

Forum Team
94 Points
5 years ago
Dear Harini,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Let us do the inquiry into this matter and we will get back to you with the resolution of your problem mayimum by tomorrow EOD

Thanks
Forum Team

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free