This year 2015 I have passed class 12 . Now I am undergoing coaching for IIT JEE from Kota . I got 95% in aggregate in Maths and Science subjects in the 10 and 12 boards. Am I eligible to give KVPY 2015.

This year 2015 I have passed class 12 . Now I am undergoing coaching for IIT JEE from Kota . I got 95% in aggregate in Maths and Science subjects in the  10 and 12 boards. Am I eligible to give KVPY 2015.

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Harsh Patodia IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 907 Points
8 years ago
The KVPY Fellowships are given to Indian Nationals only to Study in India (Students holding PIO, OCI Card and students intending to pursue/pursing under graduate program under Distance Education scheme/correspondence course of any university are not eligible to apply).

Students enrolled in an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences, that is, B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Ecology, Molecular Biology, Botany, Zoology, Physiology, Biotechnology, Neurosciences, Bioinformatics, Marine Biology, Geology, Human Biology, Genetics, Biomedical Sciences, Applied Physics, Geophysics, Materials Science or Environmental Science.

Stream SA: Students enrolled in XI Standard (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2014-15 and having secured a minimum of 80% (70% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the X Standard Board examination. The fellowship of the students selected under this stream will be activated only if they join an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S.) in the academic year 2016-2017 after having secured a minimum of 60% (50%for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in Science subjects in the XII standard/(+2) Board Examination. During the interim period of one year they will be invited for Regional /National (Vijyoshi) Science Camp and their travel and other related expenses will be met by KVPY.

Stream SX: Students enrolled in XII Standard/ (+2) (Science subjects) during the academic year 2014–15 and aspiring to join undergraduate program in Basic Sciences namely Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology leading to B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. for the session 2015–16 provided they have secured a minimum of 80% (70% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the X Standard Board Examination and a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the XII standard Board Examination.

Students in their 2nd year of study in Cambridge International Examination Board and aspiring to join an UG program (viz. B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S.)in Basic Sciences namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology in the Academic year 2015-2016 are eligible to apply provided they have secured a minimum of 80% (70% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the X Standard Board Examination. They must secure 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the XII standard Board Examination before taking up the fellowship, if awarded.

Stream SB: Students enrolled in the 1st year of undergraduate program in Basic Sciences namely Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology leading to B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. during the academic year 2014–15 and having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology/Mathematics) in the XII Standard Board Examination. In the 1st year final examination of B.Sc./B.S./B.Math./B.Stat./Int. M.Sc./M.S. they must secure 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks before taking up the fellowship, if awarded.

Empowerment initiative in the KVPY Fellowship Program:

A certain number of additional fellowships exclusively for the students belonging to SC/ST community under the various streams as stated above will be operated.
A certain number of fellowships under various streams as stated above will be operated exclusively for students under the category of Persons With Disability (Physically and Visually Challenged).

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free