ADNAN MUHAMMED

Grade 12,

Sirs, my son is studying in Class XII (CBSE) in one of the coaching colleges.He is doing fine in CBSE as well as JEE preparations. Of late as the examinations are appraching by, he is expressing nervousness and a small amount of fear in his mind which he expresses in words.Even though I feel it is normal , but do not know how to calm down his fears and buid-up his tempo and confidence levels. Please guide and help me. Thanks.Sekharam.

Sirs, my son is studying in Class XII (CBSE) in one of the coaching colleges.He is doing fine in CBSE as well as JEE preparations. Of late as the examinations are appraching by, he is expressing nervousness and a small amount of fear in his mind which he expresses in words.Even though  I feel it is normal , but do not know how to calm down his fears and buid-up his tempo and confidence levels. Please guide and help me. Thanks.Sekharam.

Grade:12

1 Answers

Ravi
askIITians Faculty 69 Points
9 years ago
At this point, there needs to be a balance between pressurising the ward and letting him do whatever he likes. This is just the phase when he might have understood, what all is going to be coming in the exams or topics on which he must focus to score good marks. That is the very cause of nervousness amongst students, Guide him with a study planner detailed and topics and subjects divided according to his hours of duration, concentration span and the concepts he’s facing difficulties. For that, talk to him and write down the details. Following the study planner would regulate his studies to a great extent and increase his efficiency which would ultimately make his worries go away. Ask him to attempt tests regularly and evaluate them by himself so that he doesn’t make those mistakes again,Ask him to lay more stress on numericals once he gets through with the concepts and theory part of his syllabus.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free