sir please reply soon.plz give procedure and few examples how can i plot the graphs of unusual function (using maxima minima tangents etc...) which are not known from cordinate geometry. i dont understand where to apply graph,where algebra in a maths questions as graph provides answer in very short time .in mathematics AS A WHOLE in which type of questions should i apply graph and where algebra(algebra takes much time).?

sir please reply soon.plz give procedure and few examples how can i plot the graphs of unusual function(using maxima minima tangents etc...) which are not known from cordinate geometry.i dont understand where to apply graph,where algebra in a maths questions as graph provides answer in very short time .in mathematics AS A WHOLE in which type of questions should i apply graph and where algebra(algebra takes much time).?

Grade:

1 Answers

Ravi
askIITians Faculty 69 Points
9 years ago
The most complex of fuctions in mathematics are in some way or the other composed using the same basic that you have already gone through. Maxima minima method helps you get the point of inflexions, local minima/maxima and the turning points of the graph.

There is one technique which is not fit for all(as always in mathematics), suppose you have an algebraic function of the form P(x)/Q(x). If it doesn’t seem plottable, try breaking the numerator such that you get in terms of addends.(Sum of termsor even difference of terms). whose plots are determineable. These graphs can be plotted easily and be added / subtracted (Just a vertical shift is needed) Likewise, try this technique with fuctions containing trig functions and algebraic terms toether in product and division form.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free