Sir it happened so that I gave SAT for American universities n also for some UK colleges. By chance in my first attempt I was able to score good. Getting universities ranging from top 10-20 in world ranking. It was my first attempt n I didn`t know anything abt it then. But after my exam many people including few of my teachers n friends started asking me to give SAT again with a bit of preparation n try my luck in MIT n all. I know I ll be able to score really good if I ll study for SAT but thing is that I m running out of time. I m in 12th n have only few months left for JEE. I don`t know what to do now. Should I prepare for SAT or stick to IIT? Also most importantly are US n UK based universities better than IIT?(I m talking abt good universities like MIT, Harvard, Berkeley, Cambridge, UCL) n are they worth all the fee n time? Sir please I need a genuine advice. So that I should start looking for them if they r worth it.

Sir it happened so that I gave SAT for American universities n also for some UK colleges. By chance in my first attempt I was able to score good. Getting universities ranging from top 10-20 in world ranking. It was my first attempt n I didn`t know anything abt it then. But after my exam many people including few of my teachers n friends started asking me to give SAT again with a bit of preparation n try my luck in MIT n all. I know I ll be able to score really good if I ll study for SAT but thing is that I m running out of time. I m in 12th n have only few months left for JEE. I don`t know what to do now. Should I prepare for SAT or stick to IIT? Also most importantly are US n UK based universities better than IIT?(I m talking abt good universities like MIT, Harvard, Berkeley, Cambridge, UCL) n are they worth all the fee n time? Sir please I need a genuine advice. So that I should start looking for them if they r worth it.

Grade:12

4 Answers

Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ sanskriti 
the ques that u asked is a genuine one , as far as the multinational university are concerned , then obviously they are better than iit with top notch package and company offering placement ., 
but the fee structure will be very high their , and clearing SAT with good rank is a tough task , but not impossible . 
and iit are not that bad also , 
if u have potential to crack SAT then jee will be very easy for you , and manage to get rank within 100 in jee , so, that u can fetch comp sci branch in iit bombay , 
if u get that then it will be excellent , 
STILL CHOICE IS UPON YOU , BUT MY PREFERENCE WILL BE TO STICK WITH IIT , 
FOR MTECH U CAN GO FOR ABROAD LIKE MIT AND HAVARD . 

Sanskriti
10 Points
7 years ago
Yeah Unmukt Sir. Ur answer is a wise one. But I stand with one more dilemma. Wat if I didn`t score well in IIT? N my English is good so I m able to score there. What should I do? Keep IIT as my first preference n then MIT n all 2nd? Or BITS n DTU 2nd?
Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ sanskriti 
DNT confuse with these , dnt put BITS and DTU in between it , BITS will be considered if u will fail to get iit delhi and bombay branch , bits cannot take the reputation of bombay , kanpur and delhi iit . 
and if your eng is good , still i will recommend iit , as settling in abroad is also a difficult task , 
and iit bombay comp sci branch have also a very good placement package . 
so, put iit in your first option , 2nd option must be MIT or havard whatever u will get , 
ALL THE BEST , 
TRY YOUR BEST IN JEE , ITS NOT AT ALL DIFFICULT TO CRACK .. 
Krishna Bondriya
208 Points
7 years ago
hi sanskriti     this is KRISHNA 
i think i can give you  a  good advice  on this
if   u have  a very flurent and good command on english  it is only not a craiteria to study in foreign
with ue  good   speaking skills you can   survive in  foreign society
but   as per the  education system  
mainy of things are there   in US  high school syllabus   which indians have not
but if u have core command   on   iit jee syllabus and   good command in computer programming languages
and in english   asusual   you should go with  foreign   universities …....
otherwise   there are mainy of   drawbacks of this
as  it will be hard to survive in class room    if basics  are not cleared
second is home sickness as  u will not in india  in foreign  land     it is hard to survive  without family   in starting   this makes adverse effect on studies and
 my final advice is to do that what you like …..................
live happy and enjoy  life …..............thanks............
….................................................................................................................................................................
 IF U LIKE MY ANSWER       JUST  HIT APPROVE  BUTTON  
AND MY  FRIEND  KEEP ASKING   FOR FURTHER   QUARIES
THANK U

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free